What do you guys think of these two photos for a gift?

Which do you like more?

• Total voters

DesertPenguin

(Banned)
United States
Long Island, New York
DesertPenguin_
My father's birthday is coming up and I found out of all the classic Yankees that Mickey Mantle is his favorite. I found two nice photos online but I'm not sure which to get. At first I thought front is better to see him but the back is an action shot and in home uniform pinstripes. They're both nice so I'll leave it up to you guys

1532270757513708058770.jpg

Last edited:
That is difficult because I have no clue what your father likes. I personally would go for the front facing photo but if the home uniform with the number 7 is more important for your father than get the other photo.

I would go with the front facing photo, it's not clear that the action photo is in fact Mantle; it's just some Yankee in pinstripes wearing the number 7.

Yes I know the Yankees retired the number, but my point still stands.

If you've never heard of the Yankees maybe, but this is for a lifelong fan so that point is moot. I get what you're saying though.

I don't know anything about Baseball but based purely on esthetics I would definitely go with the rear facing photo.

The front facing photo looks overly contrived.

The front facing photo looks pretty basic in my opinion. Now, I'm no photography expert, but I'd say the rear facing photo is much better looking from a photography perspective.

I don't know anything about Baseball but based purely on esthetics I would definitely go with the rear facing photo.

The front facing photo looks overly contrived.

Same.

From someone who has no idea about who the man is, I'd choose the 2nd one without thinking twice.

I chose the back facing action shot based on the opinions here confirming my original instinct. I was thinking about it too much.

His birthday is this Saturday so I'll let you guys know how he likes it.

Back