What do you hope to expect from GT7 licence tests, and other tests?

Peru
Peru
When I played GT Sport for the first time in single player mode, I was truly disappointed seeing as a huge downgrade from GT6. I played the single player mode (missions, circuit experience, licences) and I couldn't really believe how incredibly easy were the challenges, only some of the stuff I would get in a few tries but 95% of the time was easy gold, so I decided to get the Lewis Hamilton time trial challenges DLC. To this date, I haven't got one diamond, despite having this for over a year. On GT7, I hope to see the difficulty of the challenges comparable to those on GT5, GT4. Damn, getting gold on those licence tests were so hard, that I actually still had so much fun.

The thing is GT6 was already a downgrade from the "standard" license tests difficulty of the series. GT5 is the most recent game with actually challenging gold prize times to achieve. I hope GT7 has this kind of difficulty, otherwise the tests won't be as fun as it could be. For reference using GT Sport, it would be perfect if the gold prize for licenses on GT7 were on the same level of difficulty as Lewis Hamilton Time Trial's gold times. Getting silver there might be the equivalent of gold on GT Sport's license tests, which is easy. Diamond is way too much in my opinion.

Now, talking about the content used for the license tests, I'm expecting to see a little blast from the past, using combinations of cars, tracks and sections that were memorable on older games, like GT3's B8 license, which by the way, is known for its tough gold prize time. It uses turns 4-8 of Trial Mountain while you drive a red R32 Skyline GT-R. It can be perfectly replicated on GT7, and if it does, fingers crossed it'll have that almost impossible gold time!

There is a high chance they will be required for game progression, so the last thing I'd want is more challenging license tests that would serve to me as nothing more than a barrier to the more fun aspects of the game.

There is a high chance they will be required for game progression, so the last thing I'd want is more challenging license tests that would serve to me as nothing more than a barrier to the more fun aspects of the game.
The whole point of the licence tests were to be challenging, silver on older gran Turismo games at times were difficult too, but they will never make bronze super hard. Bronze is always going to be the minimum to pass a licence.

Ideally, I'd like them to be as relatively forgiving as they are in GT5/GT6/GTS, but still being required to progress like in the PS2-era games that I played. I'd also like more in-depth lessons on stuff like tuning, brake balancing, and/or fuel mapping.

I hope it’s much more difficult to get a gold rating and that we’re required to complete these tests to do certain races in career and sport mode. Getting bronze should remain relatively easy to achieve though to prevent gatekeeping a lot of players. I also hope they use the same track limits as the FIA races so players just can’t cheese their way through it.

I think pretty much everyone agrees that it’s way too easy in GTS which makes getting Gold pretty much meaningless. The current standard for gold should be a silver at best, sometimes even bronze imo.

Last edited:
They're there to provide gameplay variety whether PD admits it or not. Most license tests like driving around in a circle for 3 laps, slaloms and 1000m braking to a stop have no applications to actual racing.

I would ditch them and dress up one lap shootouts as a Time Attack event or circuit sectors as Hillclimb events. Maybe throw in an extra chicane to make it a little different from qualifying for GT League event.

Last edited:
Back