What do you think of the Human Aspect in game?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Liquid Li0n
  • 26 comments
  • 1,848 views
Messages
818
Messages
Liquid_Li0n
This is something I don't hear a lot about. How is the Human aspect in game?
For example: when you drive a convertible and manual gears, does the driver react fast on your L2 or R2 buttons(changing gears buttons) or is it with a delay?

An other thing. When you pull the E-brake does the driver take his hand of the wheel to grab the E-brake? And do you really see a difference between shifting in gears and using the E-brake?

What about the crowd? Is it still flat people that has only 1 movement like in GT4 Prologue?

Finally how is the pit crew? You don't really see much photos from pitstops so I am curious about it.

Thanks.
 
The lag in gear shifting does not change even tho you are in a corner.

There is no difference in gear shifting with E-Brake on.

The croud is now interactive, espesially noticable on the rally stages with people comming on to the tracks to take pictures of you and jumping back in to the gallery before you run into him. The spectators in the circuits tend to stand up while you are driving pass them and cheer with their fists punching into the air.

The pit stop is amazingly real!!! ITs a full pit crew we're talking about with one on each wheel and other stuff. And just like in real life, the crew raises their hand when their job is done. FANTASTIC I say.

Hope this helps.
 
The crowd thing sound the same as in Prologue, but as for the pit crews, that sounds really cool. That was an aspect of the game that really needed to be improved. It GT3 it looked extremely stupid that the car just raised itself up into the air, and then magically the wheels were changed. :dopey:
 
How do u guys take videos of the game anyway? If i know how I could take a vid of it and upload it to shou u guys what I mean. Maybe I'll try taking a still picture.
 
CSS
The crowd thing sound the same as in Prologue, but as for the pit crews, that sounds really cool. That was an aspect of the game that really needed to be improved. It GT3 it looked extremely stupid that the car just raised itself up into the air, and then magically the wheels were changed. :dopey:
It's similar, but the crowds arn't 2d sprites anymore, they're fully 3d when they cheer you or run onto the track.

And GT4Ignis, ideally you'd use a TV card on your PC and plug your TV into the PC while you play or view a replay ect and just record it, other than that you can point a digicam at your TV.
 
live4speed
It's similar, but the crowds arn't 2d sprites anymore, they're fully 3d when they cheer you or run onto the track.

Funny...I don't recall seeing any softdrinks (Sprite) in GT3! LOL
 
so weird... i still can't hear the crowd cheering..... may be the engine sound covered them all (i never noticed them in GT3 neither....)
i really need to try listen harder next time....
 
Are you guys sure the crowd's 3d? I mean the guy's who run out and take photos are definitely, but from what I can make out (as i've stopped and looked) they look like coardboard cutouts to me.
 
In some tracks they´re still 2D.
 
I wish some of the spectators weren't in 2D though, otherwise it would be AWESOME, I still like the guys that jump out on the course, that's really cool. I think this is one of the unoticing features...

People were dwelling on the "backfire" so much and not noticing how cool this is.
 
I wanna add some info about the driver itself
this is what I read from a japanese site
the driver will wear different colour of racing suit depends on the percentage you have done to your game
this applies to the new style racing suit
I have no idea for the old school one
0%-30% white
30%-60% black
60%-100% red
pretty interesting ~ 👍
 
Could you get back the other racing suit colors? I want the black one when I get 100%!!! *is a Stig fan*
 
I don't have GT4 yet... (hopefully by Feb. 31 I will :dopey: ) but like I said before I think it would have been better served using the time to make the cars and tracks look as realistic as possible.
 
VipFREAK
I don't have GT4 yet... (hopefully by Feb. 31 I will :dopey: ) but like I said before I think it would have been better served using the time to make the cars and tracks look as realistic as possible.

Wouldn't adding a realistic crowd help out a tracks realism?
 
The Pit Stop is probably the best improvement as far as the human element, but it seems like they didn't animate the pit stop for all cars, sometimes such as in the F1 the camera will switch to the in car camera so you can't actually see the crew change the tyres and refuel.
 
The Human aspect just adds some nice touches to the game, it's nice to see the bloke change your oil and wash your car. Also the spectators are only 3d on rally tracks and some street courses. Because on most other circuits spectators are still in the stands and are cardboard cutouts. Also i've noticed the crowd noise seems a bit louder than usual, well on the bigger races and it is a little irritating to be honest after playing all the small races with it virtualy non existant.
 
Personally I think they should have just had pit-crew, drivers, marshals, car wash and oils service all in glorious 3D. Could not give a flying **** about the spectators. It’s obvious the PS2 could not handle all the spectators in 3D, so I wouldn’t have even bothered. Having the 2D ones actually suspend the simulation more than not having them at all.

I would have used the PS2 power dedicated to the 2D/3D spectators to simulate a damage icon system (not visual) and I would have made sure that 2 player/LAN garage cars races were possible and their replays were saveable. Then GT4 would have rocked. :sly:
 
Y'know they could've put in some hoochie race queens to walk around before the race starts.
 
I find the human aspect of GT4 to be very well done, but sometimes difficult to admire : On convertible cars, I would have liked to have a replay camera option focusing on the driver from the passenger side, and be able to see the arms/hand work on steering wheel and gear lever.

I remember one of the promotional videos that we saw before GT4´s release, in which the driver was clearly seen on a AC Cobra, with very nice arm work on the steering wheel and swift shifting with a delicate wrist movement. I am yet to see that kind of camera view on my Japanese copy of GT4. You only get to see more of the driver on the "Drive" replay (but for a very short moment), and also a frontal view of the driver´s helmet (not very interesting) in one of the rear facing camera options.

Has anyone discovered such a driver oriented replay camera option? Is there any particular track (and lap number) where the camera focuses more on the driver´s arm/hand movements?

Looking forward to hearing your comments.

Thanks and regards to all!
 
I6-4-eva
Y'know they could've put in some hoochie race queens to walk around before the race starts.

Sorry mate but I can't agree with you on that one. I don't think GT racing is about that. It's a bit more serious then that.
 
By the way, if the game´s AI is also considered as a "human aspect", it really sucks :

1. They ignore you completely : If you are driving side by side with an AI driver on the inside of an upcoming turn, they will turn into the apex taking you out of the track. It is quite annoying on the high speed turns of Nürburgring.

2. They make huge braking mistakes : On the unchicaned Lemans, some cars do not brake enough for the slow corner just after the long straight. They regularly end up hitting the wall hard after the gravel trap (not just a minor braking error). But the problem is that when you have these "stupid AI drivers" on your back, even when I am at the latest possible braking point (with sport brakes and R1 tires), they violently shunt you from the back, as if they were not braking at all. Maybe it is their revenge for all the times we took out AI cars from the back in previous GT games!!!

3. The opponents are too different for a close racing event : On the Classic Car (pre 1970) Pro Hall event, all the oponents are 170/230 hp cars, but there is an AC Cobra which is too fast for a "normal" pre 1970 car. I would have liked the oponents to be more even.
 
Hmm, I don't think Human Element is AI, dunno, suppose it could be mate. But you are right the AI is pretty lame. :(
 
Cobra_UK
Sorry mate but I can't agree with you on that one. I don't think GT racing is about that. It's a bit more serious then that.

Come on GT could always use some more females. Maybe in GT5 we'll be able to customize the 'Human Element'.

Girls race too.
fl_030_01.jpg

That's Keiko Ihara probably Japan's coolest F1 driver. She used to be a race queen.
 
True. i thought you meant like NFS:U with the sexy girls calling the start of the race... That has no place in GT in my mind.

Yeah it would be nice if one could customize his/hers player, male/female, skin colour etc.
 
Thanks for posting here on this thread. I like the animated spectators, there a good addition. But can someone take a picture or movie(with videocamera or so) from a pitstop?
 
Back