What do you think of this idea to increase the amount of strategy needed?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dcole94
  • 8 comments
  • 745 views
Messages
78
Messages
dcole94
Ok so i'm mid endurance race wondering what tyre to pick, and i thourght, what if instead of buying an unlimited amount of 'racing softs' for example you buy 1 set, and once that set is gone its gone. With this choosing which tyre to use in endurance races would require alot more thourght and would just generally make it a bit more interesting, what do you think?
 
I was thinking that too
Plus other extras like tire heaters so you never start cold
Plus then they'd have to up the prize money right?
 
I was thinking that too
Plus other extras like tire heaters so you never start cold
Plus then they'd have to up the prize money right?

Not sure about prize money, they could just make tyres cheaper
 
You mean like having a tire meter that tells you the wear?

I've mentioned this before but if I could add anything to gt5 it would be tire wear (including pattern, not just %) and ability to adjust tire pressure...that would be schweet!
 
Would you be able to get through an endurance race on only one set of tires?
 
you change your tires anyway in most of them.

Yeah but the point is you may run out of certain tyres etc. it just means a bit more planning is required and might give some races a bit of drama in them
 
you change your tires anyway in most of them.

If I read the OP correctly, you would have only one set of 4 tires (e.g. racing softs) and if you wear them out, you can't replace them.
 
Not a bad idea except 1) people will use an even more over-powered car to do the enduro and 2) tire wear isn't correctly modeled yet...
 
Back