What does a "Mechanical Failure" consist of?

United States
Austin, TX
OneBadHuskerFan
Basically, can these be completely random? Or will it only happen when you've pushed the engine/brakes too hard?

Can an engine or brakes just straight up fail even when there's no suspicion of anything wrong?

What about suspension? Can those fail as well?

Is there a list somewhere stating what can actually fail during a race?

There is a cause and effect. I don't think they are completely random. So far I've only seen pushing the engine too hard and having a wheel fall off after hitting a wall at a bad angle.

Im sure the WMD guys will chime in.

A video from today where the uploader has an engine failure.
I expected something more spectacular than a line of text though :lol:
But I assume this is one of the things where they didn't add in the actual sound effect yet.

It's not like the old GPL days is it, where a sudden mechanical failure cost you a race.And sometimes the F1 car wasn't abused either.Also they would catch fire, smoke would pour out the engine or a sudden loss of oil pressure would happen.Regardless of casual gamers, i can't see why SMS can't make the game uber realistic as simulation car games should be.That's what made GPL a classic amongst other pc games.Plus nobody had made a game based on the 1967 F1 season before.

Although random breakdowns and failures are annoying I wish they were included . They could be switchable so people who prefer to play without them could .

Although if I was 23hrs and 55 minutes into Le Mans and had a random failure I'd flip my lid !!

Although random breakdowns and failures are annoying I wish they were included . They could be switchable so people who prefer to play without them could .

Although if I was 23hrs and 55 minutes into Le Mans and had a random failure I'd flip my lid !!
Mechanical breakdowns aren't normally random nowadays in irl. They're normally caused by the driver or an external influence. I've killed the car numerous times just to down shifting incorrectly.

Folks here kill me with snappy judgement of the AI based off youtube videos. Seems like every pC youtube video with AI, the AI gets questioned regardless of anything else.

Of course. Sometimes i think this is a silly test:

People throw questions and nitpicky complaints at people associated with the project only to test if they can catch them off guard, just to be able to say: Told Ya! Ive won!

Meanwhile they forget how lame and self entitled they look themself. Very unsympathic sometimes.

GT Planet is one of the well managed and reasonable communities out here in the web, thats why i even bother to take part in discussions here :-)

Latest Posts

Back