What does, requested period of license mean?

• Thread starter Pebb
  • 10 comments
England
Southampton, UK
Pebb--
Pebb
Because I have a access and accreditation questionnaire for Goodwood FOS to fill out, and I want to make sure the correct details are filled in.

----

What I think it means: How long I will be on site.

I personally think it means how long the images will be circulating after the event, but I have no prior experience to this. Syntax might be able to help you more.

As a matter of interest who are you shooting for?

I personally think it means how long the images will be circulating after the event.

That was my first thought when reading this, however I wonder how on earth they expect someone to predict this? Like Adam though I have no previous experience, Achillies may be able to help or you could just email the organisers asking for conformation.

While I think we would need more context of how it's phrased on the application to make a proper call, I would guess that it means how long you want your photographer credentials for the track (one event, all events in 2011, next three years, etc.).

A professional photographer, has told me the following:

"It means how long you want the accreditation for."

----

I personally think it means how long the images will be circulating after the event, but I have no prior experience to this. Syntax might be able to help you more.

As a matter of interest who are you shooting for?
If all goes to plan, and I don't need to pay a high license fee. Then the photo coverage, will be done for Fast Lane Daily.

Last edited:
I have PM'd as well but I thought I might mention it in the thread too. As Boone mentioned, with out context it could have multiple meanings. I've seen similar questions on past applications but worded very differently. I'm of the opinion that it's asking how many days he wishes accreditation to be provided. Most motorsport events will ask you this as events run for a few days generally. FOS in particular runs for like a month I think, so it would be a safe assumption that they want to know how many days he will be shooting for.

If all goes to plan, and I don't need to pay a high license fee. Then the photo coverage, will be done for Fast Lane Daily.

Good luck man. FLD have used my pictures for the past couple of years and never once contacted me (they even used a couple of them as the main images linking to their Shakedown episodes). But I really like their shows so it doesn't really bother me too much.

Old Boone
Good luck man. FLD have used my pictures for the past couple of years and never once contacted me (they even used a couple of them as the main images linking to their Shakedown episodes). But I really like their shows so it doesn't really bother me too much.

Pics or it didn't happen. lol

I had to pull out my request for a photography pass.

----

Reason:

The firm that handles the passes, has now asked for a £1000 access fee. But on the Festival of Speed website, there isn't any mention of a access fee.

Last edited:
I had to pull out my request for a photography pass.

----

Reason:

The firm that handles the passes, has now asked for a £1000 access fee. But on the Festival of Speed website, there isn't any mention of a access fee.

Damn, that's pretty steep. Sorry to hear, bud. I was looking forward to what you would bring from Goodwood.

£1000 for access?! While I've never had credentials that just seems a bit unreasonable.

Did you apply as a freelance or did someone from Fast Lane Daily apply on your behalf? Most of the time the media outlets can get the photo pass for minimal costs relatively speaking - for ALMS it's about $500 per race season plus insurance costs at each track (here's are the media regulations for 2011 - https://forms.imsaracing.net/.../2011%20ALMS%20Media%20Regulations.pdf). Freelance is another story....they won't even allow freelance shooters to apply for ALMS or Grand-Am races here.

That's why I'm just shooting for the fun of it. But that's not to say I would turn down a photo vest if someone thinks I'm good enough to get paid for my hobby!

Back