What element of World Tour Events would you like implemented into Sport Mode?

• Thread starter watto79
  • 28 comments

What element of World Tour Events would you like implemented into Sport Mode?

• Tighter rolling start

• Additional camera angles in replays

• Minimum number of laps per tyre compound

• Alternative HUD (other while racing or in replays)

• Nations Cup liveries

• 2 lap qualifying in FIA events

• More 1 make events in Nations Cup

Results are only viewable after voting.
United Kingdom
UK
TPC_Watto
Just for a bit of fun, I was wondering what elements currently unique to world tour events people would most like to see implemented into Sport Mode. You can choose two from the list.

We've previously seen penalty zones taken from the WT into the game, and Monaco has introduced some really great looking camera angles not seen before.

Feel free to suggest anything I've missed but keep it realistic. We're not going to get human stewards, live commentary by Tom and Jimmy or post race interviews by Julia.

The only issue I see with adding Nations Cup liveries as a Sport Mode-exclusive feature is that it may end up preventing us from using our own custom liveries for that championship; it would take away from the individuality that the current championships allow. A better way to integrate those liveries would be to make them items you can obtain through the Mileage Exchange, most likely as custom paint chips. That way, it injects a new lease of life to that feature while giving players the choice to acquire and use them if they really wanted to.

For that reason alone, tighter rolling starts and new camera angles are what I would like to see the most in future updates.

The only issue I see with adding Nations Cup liveries as a Sport Mode-exclusive feature is that it may end up preventing us from using our own custom liveries for that championship; it would take away from the individuality that the current championships allow. A better way to integrate those liveries would be to make them items you can obtain through the Mileage Exchange, most likely as custom paint chips. That way, it injects a new lease of life to that feature while giving players the choice to acquire and use them if they really wanted to.

For that reason alone, tighter rolling starts and new camera angles are what I would like to see the most in future updates.

Yeah I agree with that about the liveries.

How about standing starts?

We already have standing starts?

You can do the liveries by yourself. If you are lazy im pretty sure someone already done those liveries for you to download.

I voted for more replay angles plus the HUD they use as it looks more like a real-life TV show graphic rather than a video game one.

Also, get rid of the black bars already, I want full 1080p like on the PS3.

Really only 2 votes for qualifying?

People like to burn fuel for 8 minutes it seems, meanwhile I haven't played for months and hardly even watching streams anymore.

Really only 2 votes for qualifying?

People like to burn fuel for 8 minutes it seems, meanwhile I haven't played for months and hardly even watching streams anymore.

To be fair the 2 lap qualifying was a late addition to the poll.

Official GT account on twitter just made this post :drool:

Some of the new camera angles do look incredible.

Dunno if they can do it in the world tours or not, but we should be able to set fuel levels for qualifying and the race it’s self!

Then they can set the silly fuel multiplier at 1x and it’s up to the drivers to manage the fuel themselves

Tighter rolling start is an absolute must for the game as a whole; I'm honestly surprised it hasn't been implemented in the retail version to this day.

Totally agree, some of the starts only the top say 5 are starting on the straight. Whilst this spaces the cars out to avoid 1st corner carnage.. I find it a bit too much.

I feel like the main issue with the implementation of the tighter rolling start currently is the fact that everyone just doesn't have the same connection quality. If 1-2 people have a single bar connection to the lobby/event it could hatch another whole batch of problems. Still would be something I'd love to see come, but I get why it hasn't yet as well.

You have a good selection to choose from & I like how you make it hard too choose.
I like all the options bar the nations cup liveries, because the game won't let you choose your own country.

All are great addition to the game, hard to choose just two.
Minimum number of laps per tyre compound.
Alternative HUD (other while racing or in replays)

In that order

Lack of penalties for divebombing and punting other drivers. It's so frustrating jostling for position, making light contact with another car and then being hit with a penalty then watching a world tour where people can have as many "racing incidents" as they like.

A tighter rolling start works for these tour events as the competitors all know exactly where to brake on the first lap. Tighter rolling starts at the lower skill levels would be carnage as everyone attempts to lead into the first corner.

I think the tighter grid would initially create some new problems, such as what you've said, but I'd hope that over time people would get used to it. I do realise my hope maybe misguided of course. With the elongated grid we have now, starting in the lower ranks means you are miles behind the leader before you even get to the start line. This problem is even worse where the starting grid straddles a chicane or corner when the race starts and creates gaps in the field right from the off. I'm sure there would be a degree of chaos but we do also have standing starts now (which admittedly, can also be somewhat chaotic).

I think that that choice was worded incorrectly. If it said "Choosing qualifying starting fuel" way more people would've voted for that

The purpose of the poll is to choose elements from how races are run at World Tour Events, and choosing qualifying starting fuel isn't part of that set up (to the best of my knowledge) which is why I worded it the way I did. That said, the current fuel burning qualifying we have now is a massive peeve of mine and would welcome pretty much any change that got rid of this.

Really I was hoping to make a discussion about potential changes that we know PD are working on/have already developed that doesn't turn into a wishlist thread, but realise that may be a failing battle :lol:

I think the tighter grid would initially create some new problems, such as what you've said, but I'd hope that over time people would get used to it. I do realise my hope maybe misguided of course. With the elongated grid we have now, starting in the lower ranks means you are miles behind the leader before you even get to the start line. This problem is even worse where the starting grid straddles a chicane or corner when the race starts and creates gaps in the field right from the off. I'm sure there would be a degree of chaos but we do also have standing starts now (which admittedly, can also be somewhat chaotic).

The purpose of the poll is to choose elements from how races are run at World Tour Events, and choosing qualifying starting fuel isn't part of that set up (to the best of my knowledge) which is why I worded it the way I did. That said, the current fuel burning qualifying we have now is a massive peeve of mine and would welcome pretty much any change that got rid of this.

Really I was hoping to make a discussion about potential changes that we know PD are working on/have already developed that doesn't turn into a wishlist thread, but realise that may be a failing battle :lol:

I went for 2 lap qualifying and minimum lap req. on each tire. Seems stupid in some races with people pitting on lap 1 and like the WT events seeing the different drivers trying to make the different strats work is part of the fun for me. Also the quali revision, I went for the 2 lap quali but all they need to do is allow us to set the starting fuel for quali and it'd be sorted. I'd like tighter rolling starts but its in 3rd for me on that list as some have said above I do wonder how it would effect the first corner madness :lol:

Good poll bud should be interesting to see the results. :cheers:

I wish the cockpit view didn't make me feel like I was driving from the backseat. When I drive my own car, I do not notice my hand and wheel in my line of vision. I just have a very hard time seeing when in cockpit vision. Then again, I've never sat in a Porsche RSR 911 or Audi R8 LMS to see if, in fact, that is the view you have or not.

Back