What Euphonium Should I Buy?Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Driving Park
  • 15 comments
  • 1,450 views
Messages
2,007
United States
Los Angeles
Messages
GTP_DrivingPark
Messages
Finetales
Hi, only people who know a decent amount about euphoniums currently on the market should answer this thread.

I'm in 9th grade, play the euphonium (and very well), and just started playing one of my school's compensating euphoniums. It's a medium shank Besson at least 10 years old because of all the lacquer wear. I have no euph of my own and I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on what compensator to buy? Most are "professional", but there's several "intermediates" out there.

I'd prefer a medium shank one. I've looked everywhere, eBay, Musician's Friend, Woodwind and Brasswind, Giardinelli, and others. There's just so many I don't know which to pick as far as quality vs. value goes.

It should preferably be under $4000, since I'm not exactly rich and couldn't afford one of those $10,000 Sterling Vertuoso euphoniums (but they are nice), so I just need a basic compensating euphonium.

Anyone have any ideas?

:-)
 
Hi, only people who know a decent amount about euphoniums currently on the market should answer this thread.
Good luck then. You are the only person to have ever mentioned a euphonium here.
 
Dang. I should've figured... no one outside of my band knows what a euphonium is. Google it and find out.
 
Dang. I should've figured... no one outside of my band knows what a euphonium is. Google it and find out.
Don't assume that we don't know what it is. I know exactly what a euphonium is. You're just highly unlikely to get information on euphoniums from a member of Gran Turismo Planet. You should ask the same question at euphoniumplanet. They'd know.
 
So far I've found www.euphonium.net, www.marchingbandplanet.com and www.tubanews.com (The Ultimate Tuba and Euphonium resource). I know nothing about Euphoniums. Infact they are a taboo subject in our family after my Grandad tried to play "Flight Of The Bumblebee" on one and blew his liver out through the horn :sick:
 
In fact they are a taboo subject in our family after my Grandad tried to play "Flight Of The Bumblebee" on one and blew his liver out through the horn :sick:

It's a common occurence - it's called Bombo-euphoric hepato-ejaculation.

All I can say it's a good job he wasn't trying to thrash out "She's coming 'round the mountain".

V.
 
It's a common occurence - it's called Bombo-euphoric hepato-ejaculation.

All I can say it's a good job he wasn't trying to thrash out "She's coming 'round the mountain".

V.

:lol:
 
It's a common occurence - it's called Bombo-euphoric hepato-ejaculation.

All I can say it's a good job he wasn't trying to thrash out "She's coming 'round the mountain".

V.

Where have you been, and why don't you post more often? :lol:
 
Oh, I'm around.

And thank you. I'm here 'til Thursday. Try the fish!

Venari.
 
He's filled with hot air. Nice of you to blow past anyway
 
Back