What ever happened to...

• Thread starter TheElbows
  • 2 comments
United States
United States
Watching some old Goodwood Festival films on YouTube I was surprised to see Kenny Brack piloting one of the McLarens. It got me thinking, whatever happened to him? I know I could Wikipedia/Google this kind of thing, but I figure GTPlanet "cliff's notes" responses would be a bit more entertaining. Any drivers you noticed just disappeared?

So my two drivers I'm curious about for starters...Kenny Brack, and Christiano DeMatta. Both big Indy/CART drivers the last time I heard of them. I 'think' I saw DeMatta in an ALMS car maybe five years ago. So, what happened to them?

Both of those drivers had their careers pretty much ended by accidents, Brack in a huge IRL crash at Texas in 2003 and da Matta in a testing accident at Road America where he hit a deer, for a while it looked as though he wouldn't survive. Both came back but not at the same level as earlier in their careers, Kenny Brack is big in historic racing and a legend at the Goodwood Revival.

Oof, I assumed that was probably something to do with it. I was in college at that time so I wasn't able to follow racing as much as I would have liked, so that explains it. I just remember both being meteoric rising stars in CART, etc...and then gone by the time I went back to watching racing.

Back