What exactly did the patch do?

• Thread starter Watevaman
  • 9 comments
United States
Delaware
Watevaman78564
Watevaman78564
Alright guys, pardon my ignorance, but I had this game back in September, played it a few times, then decided to trade it in for credit towards LBP, half persuaded by a cousin. Thing is, I only beat LBP once and have no more interest in it, so I'm thinking about getting this again, especially now that I have my Playseat for my DFGT and I remember this game really puts the FFB in GT5P to shame.

Now after that little intro, I'm wondering if the patch added anything special or if it was just little fixes? I don't mean to be a graphics whore or anything, but I think I read a few months back that they reduced the texture resolutions or something? I still have my save for this game, too.

You're from the NTSC world, aren't you?

Then you are one of the lucky ones that get all this with the patch:

Features and Improvements:

Added PS3 trophy support
Added custom play lists functionality
Added photo mode to garage which saves to the PS3 hard drive
Added split times in Time Trial
Improved frame rate
Improved performance of the Thrustmaster wheels
Game now pauses automatically when the XMB is on (except during multiplayer)
Added gear indicator to in car view
Added option to invert the G25 sequential shifter
Added difficulty based AI qualifying times
Added G25 wheel configuration to include look left / right on the front facing red buttons
Added basic racing line to show racing line only and not braking zones
Players can now specify custom player names
Online -Private lobbies can now be created with half or all slots being reserved
Online/LAN -Host can now specify the maximum driving assist levels
Online/LAN -Host can now specify the grid order based on ranking (taken from the tutorial
score), or lap record for the specified circuit and can also do the inverse grid based on these
criteria
Online/LAN -During race player names can now be toggled on / off by pressing R3
Online/LAN -Race results alternate between race time and fastest lap during multiplayer
races
Online/LAN -When searching for games, the server select screen now includes the status
'SYNCING' to show that the game will begin imminently
Online/LAN -Server list screen now displays car name, grid order, and transmission options
Online/LAN -When returning back to the join game match making screen, the default car is
now the last one selected
Online - When a game is full, it now appears in the lobby list and will say FULL
Online -Opponent voices can now be muted
Increased transparency of tire smoke
Improved penalty zone on first corner in Monza
Replays are available for races which the player retired from

Fixes:

Fixed potential issue with save games becoming invalid after a set number of events are
completed
Fixed potential issue with not being able to unlock ‘The Collector’ accomplishment
Fixed broken shadows in the pit lane
Fixed black track when racing line disabled
Fixed the "Hard Lines" accomplishment
Fixed hang after watching a replay when the rev bar was on
Fixed driver disappearing with the car when driving through opponents in multiplayer
Fixed engine popping in replays
Fixed force feedback dead zones on steering wheels
Fixed potential crash in leader boards
Online/LAN -Significantly improved connectivity and reduced the likelihood of disconnects
Online/LAN -Fixed issues with collisions
Online/LAN -When a player leaves a net race, it now says they have retired from race as
opposed to finished
Online/LAN -When receiving the ‘Room no longer exists’ message players are now returned
to the join game screen
Online/LAN -Removed 2 second pause as players entered / exited a game while racing

source: http://forums.eutechnyx.com/index.php/topic,24.0.html

Thanks for that list, Hun. I remember this one, as it happened a few times:

-Fixed hang after watching a replay when the rev bar was on

glad to see it's fixed. I think I'll head to the local Gamestop (I hate going there, though) and trade in LBP for credit and put it towards this. I want to get into this again, and need a break from GT5P.

The really significant fix is the FFB deadzone issue.

I just went back to GT5P after weeks of only racing FC. I can tell you that GT5P's physics seem less than convincing after getting used to FC. On the other hand, newcomers to FC are likely to think that the physics feel strange if they're used to GT5P.

I would advise anyone trying FC to devote a considerable amount of time before drawing any conclusions about the physics. You need to be driving consistently fast & aggressive before the depth of the physics becomes apparent. Even after more than 160 hours in the game, I am still discovering the potential of this game, particularly with the very wide variety of cars that are available (even though they are all "Ferraris"!)

Back