What EXACTLY is the Tranny Trick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use all those settings, but also turn the TCS up to 7. I also use the Tranny Trick from GT3: Move the Final drive full right to 5.00. Move the Autoset slider full right to 25, then full left to 1, and leave it there. This gives your 6-speed the closest possible set of gears. Now adjust the Final drive for each track, or put it at 3.90 for all the DTM events if you're lazy.

First off, I'm a noob!
What does it help to move the Autoslider to 25 and then back to 1? If you leave it at 1?
Or do you have to hit "X" after 25, and click on Autoslider again and go back to "1" and then leave it there!?
Is that a mistake from the Programmers or what!?

Well, you see, I don't get it! :grumpy:

i know of another little trick i know most of you probably know it but it gives you the performance of a manual transmission with an auto gearbox.

while using auto gears, hold R2 and it will stay in the gear your in untill you let go of R2, i hold it until its just into the redline and change, makes a bigger difference in my lap times than i would have ever thought.

Sorry, I used the search function, but didn't that one! Thanks anyway!

OT- Is there any way to keep a race in B-spec mode at "3x"-Speed, even after a Pit stop.
I don't wanna sit in front of m the PS2 for 8 hours (24hrs Nordschleife), just switching back to "3x" Mode when "Bob" did a Pit Stop.

dogdaysunrise
Is there any way to keep a race in B-spec mode at "3x"-Speed, even after a Pit stop?
I don't wanna sit in front of m the PS2 for 8 hours (24hrs Nordschleife), just switching back to "3x" Mode when "Bob" did a Pit Stop.

No, there isn't. However, you can leave your PS2 on overnight. I did the Nurburgring 24h race by switching back to x3 after every pitstop. Then, for the Sarthe ll 24h race, I did the same thing, but when I was 13 or so hours into the race, I went to bed and then woke up with only about 3 hours left, and then I got my Bentley. If I were you, leave it on overnight, and it will be a lot easier to do. If you have the new slim PS2, use a fan and get the air to blow on it. You don't have to do it, but I find it is better to be safe than sorry.

Hope this helps,
Duck7892 :)

Question has been answered.

Thread wandering off topic.

*click*

AO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back