What explains the difference?

• Thread starter WetSailor
  • 6 comments
Canada
Canada
wetcoastsailor
Hey;

Relatively new to GT6 compared to some of the veterans here.
Really enjoying the game and am having some great fun in online racing.
But have come across something that is really quite puzzling.
I'm looking for an explanation for the discrepancy in pp / hp tunes.
As an example, tuning an NSX R to 550 pp.
On several occasions I've come across a fellow racer that I cannot match settings results.
At the same pp / weight level, and same car, his will be 50hp higher.
I have experimented with every setting parameter in the power menu and cannot equal his hp.
Have also come across this scenario on a BMW M5
What gives? Anyone come across this?

Thx and good racing everyone.

I'm looking for an explanation for the discrepancy in pp / hp tunes.
PP is based on the vehicle, modified by power, torque, weight and aerodynamics.

Some parts add more torque than others with similar hp increases, increasing PP more - so try playing around with different parts to reduce your PP for the same power rating. After that, look at weight (particularly ballast) and any wing settings. Also note that the flat floor will dramatically affect PP.

As @Famine said, if you have the flat floor installed it eats a lot of the PP, that could be used for power instead.
On most high speed tracks you are better off without it.

Interesting
Now l will have to go buy a second version of each car that l installed flat floors on and do a comparison,
On the bright side, it is a reason to buy more cars!!!! And paint them!!!

Has anyone thought there may have been a ninja update awhile back? I rarely used the flat floor because of the power loss at a certain pp, plus the increased drag severly affected the top speed. These days I don't notice it that much. The 'Ring was the worst for me, despite all of the turns, flat floors on any given car increased the lap times dramatically. Now they are pretty much the same.

Has anyone thought there may have been a ninja update awhile back? I rarely used the flat floor because of the power loss at a certain pp, plus the increased drag severly affected the top speed. These days I don't notice it that much. The 'Ring was the worst for me, despite all of the turns, flat floors on any given car increased the lap times dramatically. Now they are pretty much the same.
Definitely.
The cars are faster now. I'm on average 3-4 tenths faster than I was a year ago, and its not just me. look at the times being done in the repeated seasonals.
And tunes made a year ago does not work anymore.

and aerodynamics.
Actually, Aerodynamics does not affect PP in GT6, like it did in GT5.
Installing a wing, and playing around with the downforce settings will not affect PP.

The flat floor will, though.

and as for power/torque, I've found its not really the torque that alters it, but how wide powerband you have. It's almost the same thing, but not quite. A car with the exact same peak power and torque, can still differ in PP depending how much the torque drops after peak RPM.

And then there is ballast position that will affect it too. :)

Latest Posts

Back