Well after many months of putting it off I have finally changed the guitar strings on my Chapman ML1 👍 I put 0.09 gauge strings on as I find them easier to play and also when it comes to bending they're so much more flexible Just in case you were wondering I have been playing for 6 or so years (I'm 14 at the moment) and I currently own 4 guitars, 2 amps and quite a few pedals. Anyway getting back on topic, this got me thinking, what gauge guitar strings do you use?
I generally use 10's, sometimes 9s. I once tried 8's and they were silly.
On my seven string I use 11s since I don't do much bending with it anyway. I once put 14s on it, was nice if you like telephone wire marks on your hands
I use to use 12's on my LTD viper to be able to get that tone that I want when Im in Drop C or lower. But now I just stick with 9's since I love playing on E standard now. =)
My semi-hollow body is strung to mimic a 7 string, tuned to drop A. So my low E is a .56 and the G string is a wound string as well. My high E is a .13 or .15...can't remember which.
My Les Paul is wound using heavy gauge as well. Low E is .52 and high E is .12 or .13. I go back and forth with tuning on this one. Usually drop B then up to standard in C or C#...depending on what I'm in the mood to noodle to.