what happend?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GKtibGT
  • 8 comments
  • 1,013 views
Messages
84
Messages
DriftinImports
Messages
GKtibGT
well i took a break from GT5 for a bit. came back online and there were 2 updates for the game. 1.06 and 1.07 i believe. well now i cant play GT5 because after it says "gran turismo 5 the real driving simulator" its just a black screen. ive restarted my PS3 many times and kept retrying.

i seached and someone said to copy to USB or something but i cant. i used a 16G memory stick and it said the transfer was too large.. what exactly do i do?
 
I'm no expert, but I can imagine your pain.....

I think you will have to go to the settings menu in the PS and delete any GT5 data you have stored on the PS3. Then insert the disc and start from scratch.... all progress to date will be lost.

I hope I'm wrong and someone with real knowledge can help you.
 
i looked at my saved data and in the discription it said

time played: 782 days
money: 8 million credits
current car: lexus LFA

all that data is wrong. i hope i dont have to delete it :( is there a way to delete updates and redownload them? maybe its just a bad update? who knows.
 
delete the game data, not the game save. you will have to reinstall from the disk to your hd (if you want) and re-patch the game. your progress won't be lost from deleting game data.
 
where do i go to do that?

saved data utility(PS3) has one file dated 3/1/11

and game date utility has 2 saves. one dated 12/28/10 and another 11/24/10

do i delete the one off of the saved data utility(PS3)?

sorry, im not smart :(
 
save data is your gamesave
game data is the install from disc, patches and any dlc. ---this is the one you want to delete.
 
how long does deleting this file acually take? ive been sitting here for 10 minutes and all it says is "deleting please wait" with the load icon at the top just spinning around lol

edit: nevermind. its redownloading 3 updates now haha
 
save data is your gamesave
game data is the install from disc, patches and any dlc. ---this is the one you want to delete.

I had the same problem after 1.06 so do as he instructs you because it's what I did and it works again. Minor problems though, Pictures and tracks are gone, and the small pictures of a car in your garage looks stock, but they aren't.
 
well i did all 3 updates again and installed the disc back to my system.


it works! thank you so much!
 
Back