What happened to induvidual customized gear ratios?

  • Thread starter Thread starter drago6817
  • 22 comments
  • 6,904 views
Messages
46
I just tried changing my GTR stealth and the only option you can customize is the top speed, which gives you standard spaced gears up to that top speed.

Previous titles you could customize each gear ratio individually. This was a huge help, I would often make custom gear sets for individual tracks that were not spaced like completely evenly.

I think this needs to be changed.....


Also what happened to being able to save differen't gear/tune set ups and load them later?


- why did this get moved to Q&A? it's not a question about how to use a feature in the game, it's a discussion about why polyphony didn't include it..
 
Last edited:
They took out 2 1/5 pages of suspension adjustments too :grumpy:
 
Either its me or did they focus on quantity over quality a little on this game. I love the game to death. But still look at the first page on the forums....
 
It seems that some of the more advanced features of the game are unlocked at later levels, like more extreme levels of damage and whatnot. Perhaps this is one more thing.

Also, buying a wing for a Standard car -- or even Premiums -- doesn't allow front-end adjustment of downforce... yet?

Hopefully it's not some sort of oversight and just PD's way of gradually making GT5 more... more.
 
Which ones?

I still have toe, camber, spring rate, shock rebound/compression, stabilizer, ride height
 
It seems that some of the more advanced features of the game are unlocked at later levels, like more extreme levels of damage and whatnot. Perhaps this is one more thing.

Also, buying a wing for a Standard car -- or even Premiums -- doesn't allow front-end adjustment of downforce... yet?

Hopefully it's not some sort of oversight and just PD's way of gradually making GT5 more... more.

I hope this is the case,.. even if it is it's a horrible idea. We shouldn't need to level up to adjust basic features of parts we buy...

also you can't adjust front down force because the wind acts on the rear of the car, you'd need an adjustable front splitter to adjust front down force and I haven't seen on available for any car yet...
 
Which ones?

I still have toe, camber, spring rate, shock rebound/compression, stabilizer, ride height

Drago, which level are you currently? And did this unlock after a a certain level or after running a particular event? I'm at level 16 and an't make any adjustments to ride height, camber, toe, etc. Or do you need to buy a fully adjustable suspension kit for a car to actually be able to do this? I can understand with ride height but we should be able to adjust camber and toe regardless... :confused:
 
Drago, which level are you currently? And did this unlock after a a certain level or after running a particular event? I'm at level 16 and an't make any adjustments to ride height, camber, toe, etc. Or do you need to buy a fully adjustable suspension kit for a car to actually be able to do this? I can understand with ride height but we should be able to adjust camber and toe regardless... :confused:


I'm only level 12ish, yes you need the fully customized suspension. I don't remember it being unlocked at a certain level, It was available as soon as i could afford the fully customized suspension for my fc3s Rx-7.
 
also you can't adjust front down force because the wind acts on the rear of the car, you'd need an adjustable front splitter to adjust front down force and I haven't seen on available for any car yet...

It's just that the Standards are from predominately from GT4, and in GT4, we could adjust front and rear downforce with just the visible rear wing.

In GT5, I've burned more credits than I'll admit to on purchasing front-end aero on Premiums that I cannot adjust. So far, only race cars and cars with Racing Modification allow this. Seems odd.

Unlock front aero adjustments, Kaz!
 
Which ones?

I still have toe, camber, spring rate, shock rebound/compression, stabilizer, ride height

GT4 had weight distribution, roll centre blah blah blah


GT5 got noobed out (or I have to unlock it later. I'm rank 22 though...)
 
WHY HE DID THAT.......
WE CAN'T CUSTOMIZ OUR CARS RATIO......
👎:nervous:
 
Any new Info on that? It´s really annoying for some tracks.
 
when will i unlock individual gear ratios? i dont like using the TCS... so adjusting gear ratios is better for me...
 
I just got a response email from Sony about the gear ratios.

I basically said why can't you adjust them, I've looked online, the game doesn't live up to previous iterations of it's own series. Here's the reply


We apologize for any inconvenience you are having with Gran Turismo 5's game play.

I understand your frustration and apologize that you are not satisfied with Gran Turismo 5. We value your input and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please rest assured that we will convey your feedback to Sony Computer Entertainment America's ("SCEA") appropriate management.
 
I just got a response email from Sony about the gear ratios.

I basically said why can't you adjust them, I've looked online, the game doesn't live up to previous iterations of it's own series. Here's the reply


We apologize for any inconvenience you are having with Gran Turismo 5's game play.

I understand your frustration and apologize that you are not satisfied with Gran Turismo 5. We value your input and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please rest assured that we will convey your feedback to Sony Computer Entertainment America's ("SCEA") appropriate management.

That looks like a computer generated reply to me so no matter what you asked it would have been the same. As for the gear ratios the option is there but it is greyed out which says to me it will be available at a later level or maybe its a bug that needs to be fixed if it wasnt supposed to be in the game then it wouldnt be greyed out it wouldnt be there at all.
 
Out of interest, what level are you guys at? I'm level 21 and still cant adjust ratios.
 
Kaz tweeted that they opted for the slider because there's a problem with User Interface if they include both the slider and individual adjustable gear ratio. It's in the tweet thread, too lazy to find it.
 
HN7
Kaz tweeted that they opted for the slider because there's a problem with User Interface if they include both the slider and individual adjustable gear ratio. It's in the tweet thread, too lazy to find it.

Sounds like a crap reason to me - all the other GT games and Forza have mentioned it. It's not the rest of the game doesn't have a terrible UI.
 
Like a lot of other things with this game, they are:

"Gone with the wind"
 
Any new info on if we'll ever be able to do this?

And if it's been discovered how, care to enlighten me? :)

Cheers and thanks.
 
then get rid of the slider.
top speed is still adjustable via final drive ratio.
 
I just tried changing my GTR stealth and the only option you can customize is the top speed, which gives you standard spaced gears up to that top speed.

Previous titles you could customize each gear ratio individually. This was a huge help, I would often make custom gear sets for individual tracks that were not spaced like completely evenly.

I think this needs to be changed.....


Also what happened to being able to save differen't gear/tune set ups and load them later?


- why did this get moved to Q&A? it's not a question about how to use a feature in the game, it's a discussion about why polyphony didn't include it..

I AGREE TOTALLY!!! Past releases allowed for this, and this is one of my biggest disappointments along with something else you mentioned Saving Setups. We were able to SAVE multiple setups in the past releases so you didn't have to play with setup for an HOUR or MORE b4 each race. Seems PD did EVERYTHING Possible to WASTE players time and frustrate us. VERY UPSETTING and VERY DISAPPOINTED with PD.
 
Back