What Happened to My Sign-In Bonus?? (Completely Gone)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sach
  • 15 comments
  • 2,086 views
Messages
1,417
Afghanistan
Afghanistan
I set up Bob for an overnight endurance race. When I woke up today I was signed out of PSN, and I noticed that not only had I lost my 200% bonus for races, there was also no bonus option showing whatsoever. I remember that previously I started with 110% and moved up. At this point there is no percentage bonus showing at all. I've tried signing out and back in, and also tried turning my PS3 on and off, but I still have no percentage bonus at all for any races. Does anyone have a suggestion for this?
 
Last edited:
i had this happen to me too, two times in fact
then, when i did another endurance race i turned the TV back on before the race was over, and checked by pressing the PS button to see if i was still signed in
i wasnt
all i did was sign back in, and wait till the race was done
guess what? 200% bonus
so, for now, all you need to do is check before the race is over, sign back in, and that should do it
all i do now is start the race when i know i can check 10 min before it finishes
 
I've been having the same problem. It seems that if you become signed out during the race, it's ok. You just have to be signed back in before the race is over.
 
so ive discovered something strange in the past few days
the automatic sign out always seems to happen around 11pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) where i am located
not sure if this happens all over the world at the same exact time, or close to midnight for everyone
regardless, right now the quick fix is to sign back in before the race finishes
id look into this if i were you, us like a weekend day for continuously checking to see if your signed out, then just sign back in, your 200% bonus will still be there
this is happening to alot of people actually
 
It is probably your DSL connection reset, not PSN. If you are using a router try to set autoreboot for the most convenient time of the day. Most DSL providers does reset connections every 24h and assign new IP address. Doing this by yourself You can choose the time of it.
 
what happens to me is if I sign in once to PSN, I get the bonus.

If I sign out and sign back in on the same day, I no longer get the 200%, but if I sign in the next day, the 200% is back.

I do have to reset my modem when switching from PC to PS3, which is probably why it doesn't recognize the IP address for the second log in of the day.
 
Maybe if Polyphony gave us 300% like I wanted, maybe there'd be no problems. Oh wait.....Polyphony ALWAYS has problems. LOL
 
If you are unfortunate enough to have an internet connection that is not 100% perfect, then PD have decided that (since a network connection is clearly vital) you are not allowed your bonus...so much for an incentive to sign in and play every day, since it doesn't even give it to you once you waste time restarting your game to fix the network issues...
 
Maybe if Polyphony gave us 300% like I wanted, maybe there'd be no problems. Oh wait.....Polyphony ALWAYS has problems. LOL

You are the best from California, so you wouldn't care about it.
 
Hm weird.

I was wondering guys, has the save feature been added yet for endurance races? Like saving in the middle of them?

It isn't that clear to me if it has, haven't played/been here since last year! :(
 
You are the best from California, so you wouldn't care about it.

Just because I'm the best doesn't mean I don't care about helping others unlike yourself. You also shoud try harder at making out jokes....oh wait, your hating prevents you.
 
Hm weird.

I was wondering guys, has the save feature been added yet for endurance races? Like saving in the middle of them?

It isn't that clear to me if it has, haven't played/been here since last year! :(


Yes it has been added. It doesn't work well at Tsukuba though.

Fine in the other races I have tried.
 
XXI
I've been having the same problem. It seems that if you become signed out during the race, it's ok. You just have to be signed back in before the race is over.

Not always so. It seems to be a bloody raffle as to whether I get the bonus even though I have signed back in prior to finish of race. Has cost me plenty of the 200% bonus. Sometimes I get it, other times not. It's not like it should be that hard to fix.
 
The sign in bonus gets reset whenever your PS3's clock hits 12 midnight. So if you start a race before the the reset and it ends after midnight, you will not get the bonus. So for endurance races, make sure the race ends before the reset at midnight. Doesn't matter if you get signed out of psn, as long as you were signed in at the start of the race, and it ends before the reset, you will get the bonus
 
Tried a few things today (australian east coast time). Got the bonus when signing in first thing this morning. Went out, logged out. Came home, logged in and drove. No bonus. Logged out and back in. No Bonus. Quit game, logged off, logged in, turned game on again. No bonus. I have previously done the overnight enduro thing where I logged in prior to starting race then logging off and then signing in again next morning before the end of race and still got the bonus. So something has occurred which has affected this. It does seem more prevalent since the last update.

I will check again in the morning after signing in.
 
Back