What happened with the ratings ???

• Thread starter sdkflu
  • 19 comments
GT world
Up to 2-3 days before i look the my resources and the track that I have created with named Serres circuit have 24 ratings for long period and in always the first Rated, today i se suddenly have lost 8 ratings and from 24 come down to 16 ratings now, what happens with it; maybe have hackers in the GTPLANET? or something else happened?

one screenshot before long time i take with halfe downloadas and 18 ratings...

CwZNYrj.jpg

Up to 2-3 days before i look the my resources and the track that I have created with named Serres circuit have 24 ratings for long period and in always the first Rated, today i se suddenly have lost 8 ratings and from 24 come down to 16 ratings now, what happens with it; maybe have hackers in the GTPLANET? or something else happened?

CwZNYrj.jpg
Post, and therefore ratings, were deleted as they weren't made in English, which is the first point of the AUP.

Hackers have decremented some of the ratings, we are looking into it.
Dunno what you're on about. And who are "we"?

Thanks for reply, the text is not in English okay to understand to deducted, but why deducted the stars ratings?

gtplanet user inform to me that the last time the rating of the track is 27, now is 16, ok not important because the custom tracks is for fun upload, but the very good ratings for this track is for the TOP accurate design, and now lost this

Even with losing some ratings your track is still at the top. I wouldn't worry too much if I were you mate :lol:

Hackers have decremented some of the ratings, we are looking into it.

It's down to 16 ratings now, I believe the hackers are taking over.
That is completely false. Do not spread false information or speak for me or the site administration, or you'll find yourself with a warning or the closure of your account.

Several of your ratings were deleted by a staff member because they were posted in Greek. As described in the Acceptable Use Policy, all content on the site must be posted in English.

Even with losing some ratings your track is still at the top. I wouldn't worry too much if I were you mate :lol:

:odd:

i lost the 50% :banghead: of ratings mate, all with 5 stars... life is not fair :guilty:

:lol:

:P

Several of your ratings were deleted by a staff member because they were posted in Greek. As described in the Acceptable Use Policy, all content on the site must be posted in English.

yes I do not disagree, but should be separate clicks to stars rating from comment posts, so delete the post comments but not the ratings :-(

sad but end of story, thanks for reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that's not how the software works. They can post their reviews again in English (or without commentary) and they will be counted.

maybe have hackers in the GTPLANET?

It's down to 16 ratings now, I believe the hackers are taking over.

That is completely false. Do not spread false information or speak for me or the site administration, or you'll find yourself with a warning or the closure of your account.

He suggested there were hackers, I foolishly believed him. Apologies.

:odd:

i lost the 50% :banghead: of ratings mate, all with 5 stars... life is not fair :guilty:

:lol:

:P

Well yes but the shown star ratings are the average, and yours is still perfect 5 stars so in terms of effect people wouldn't really notice.

In my opinion, the number of downloads is a better predictor of quality anyway (ratings can be biased by just 1 or 2 bad scores). And yours is also very near the top in terms of downloads. People wouldn't think of your track any badly just because it loses 10 or so ratings 👍

While we're here, sorting the track database by track rating doesn't seem to work to well either.

trackratings.jpg

Most of these have the full 5 star rating. The first 2 are rated at 5.00. However, the 3rd track has a rating of 4.58, but that is followed by a further 4 tracks with full 5.00 rating, then road America at 4.60, my 1960 Spa at 4.75, and then the next track is back up to 5.00 again.

Most of these have the full 5 star rating. The first 2 are rated at 5.00. However, the 3rd track has a rating of 4.58, but that is followed by a further 4 tracks with full 5.00 rating, then road America at 4.60, my 1960 Spa at 4.75, and then the next track is back up to 5.00 again.
I believe the ratings are sorted according to a Bayesian average.

Back