What happens when you run out of oil?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jonish
  • 11 comments
  • 1,162 views
Messages
21
Ok ok...so it's pretty damn obvious that I'm a newbie by asking such a dumb question...but I'm just curious as to what happens when you run out of oil during a race? I'm currently doing the Laguna Seca endurance race...and my mind started to wander at lap 60 :(
 
You can't. So nothing.
 
Hmmmm...kinda pointless then (just like this reply :) )
 
Of course, running the car with sludgy, used oil drops your power a bit, so you want to keep on changing it every 100 miles or so. But you can't run out.
 
Ok cheers dude :) ...now if only the game incorporated petrol..*ideas starting to form*
 
From some of the early screenshots at E3 this year, I suspect GT4 WILL include petrol - probably only as a distance/pit strategy thing, but maybe affecting the mass of the vehicle (and thus lap times) too.
 
yeeeeeh thats more like it...I'm going to (in a way) contradict myself now...I just hope they dont over complicate the game and ruin it...but then again I guess there's always arcade mode :lol:
 
That would be nice if it had petrol...then pit strategies would really come into play. :)
 
yeah like going half a lap to far will finish your race
 
ohhh like the lemans race game....i dont like that game

but the petrol thing is cool
 
the old "Lotus Esprit 3" game on the Amiga was like this, run out of fuel and thats it, AI never pitted though :mad:
 
Heh, same with the "F1 World Grand Prix" game for the N64, but you could set it to 0 fuel and it's sort of a cheat, as you'd then be as light as 0 fuel, and it'd still give you infinite fuel...:D
 
Back