What hardware will be released with GT5??

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ibonibo
  • 9 comments
  • 1,721 views

Ibonibo

Premium
Messages
5,439
Luxembourg
Luxemburg
So there will probably be new hardware coming out with/after the release of gt5.
I would be interested in your opinions about:

1.What are you expecting to get released?
2.What are you hoping/ dreaming to get a Gt5 release??
3.Will you upgrade your hardware for GT5? (wheel / cockpit/ tv...??)


I hope Logi or Fana will make a new topnotch wheel. I was thinking of getting the RS wheel from fanatec, but than decided to wait to see what comes out with or after GT.

But the thing i'm really hoping is that one company decides to get a motion sim for the ps3.
That is the thing i get my wet dreams of. And if not we must create a company doing so :scared::dunce::dopey::drool:

My wanna have setup:
Gt5
+ DIY cockpit with original car parts (beeing build in the holidays in summer), + head tracking(a buy for me),
+ multiple screens (for the moment too expensive, maybe if ps3 costs 100 bucks),
+ motion sim (probably just a dream),
+ buttkicker (already installed)

If that would become reality :drool::drool::drool::drool:
 
More importantly, when will GT5 be released? ;)

To answer the question, I have little to no idea. I am very content with what I already own. Couldn't care any less for a new wheel or a cock-pit made of gold.
 
I know, I know! 3D glasses :cool:

-edit: And by motion sim do you mean something like this?

 
Another powerful wishlist.
 
Ps4 will be release along with gt5. It is ps4 launch title
 
I know, I know! 3D glasses :cool:

-edit: And by motion sim do you mean something like this?

*video*

Yes but maybe a bit more consumer oriented, like dbox. it's rumored that they are working with sony, but no official statement or whatever.

And yes 3d would be sweet. Still looking forward to a standardised 3d. Tv's are to expensive. A simple 3d pc monitor is affordable but still not clear about compatibility. Did made a thread for Gt5 on 3d pc monitors, but the problems lies in the shutter glasses and 3d monitors, if they would work in hooking up with the ps3?
 
Going by the precedent:

The DFP was the official wheel of GT4.
The DFGT is the official wheel of GT5P and I really doubt that a new one will be released. DFGT is going to be GT5's wheel and GT5 might (hopefully) add functionality for the illuminated horn button.
There was a Sparco cockpit for GT4.
There might be a new (Sparco as well?) cockpit for GT5.
There was a special package of GT4 + a hat and a stopwatch (I have it).
There might be one of these, possibly the Collector's edition (Yes please!)

One can only hope...
 
The big circle cockpit from Gt5p was also available for 15000USD!!
I liked the design of the new Gt5 cockpits like seen in the last months on the different shows
 
What I would like to see is for Polyphony to incorporate proper clutch control in GT, and subsequently for Logitech to release a steering wheel/pedal/gear pheriphiral to take full advantage of this. Then it would be the ultimate home racing experience.
 
Back