There are probably many threads like this one but I just want to have my say on what makes this such a great game.
We got the PS2 for the kids so they could play new games and watch their DVDs instead of hogging the main TV. (And we thought they were getting too old for the Nintendo games).
The games we have in order are:
Looney Tunes Space Race
Spiderman
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Burnout 2
Crash Team Racing (PS1)
Spyro Year of the Dragon (PS1)
Gran Turismo 3
Jak and Daxter
Turok
You can see that we got Burnout 2 before GT3.
I am not normally one to complete games but I got concerned when I saw my Burnout percentage rising. I enjoyed the crash mode in that game but finished it all too quick.
Not many PC games have kept me going for this long, especially car games.
Sports Car GT kept me going for a while but trying to beat the hardest level with a gamepad even with a cheat car was extremely difficult.
With the exception of S license tests I think there is room for more difficulty in GT3 mainly because I have found it easy to get this far and that is not me.
Maybe in future games they could make it so you can unlock a complete ACE mode when you complete normal. This does not need to go psycho. It could include HP limits or limit where you can use F1 or real LM Cars. It could even unlock a slider where you can adjust the difficulty to any level you like. This would change the AI lap times marginally.
But anyway awesome game to have kept little old me going for this long and even want a restart. (Problem is my wife doesn't want the restart.)
We got the PS2 for the kids so they could play new games and watch their DVDs instead of hogging the main TV. (And we thought they were getting too old for the Nintendo games).
The games we have in order are:
Looney Tunes Space Race
Spiderman
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Burnout 2
Crash Team Racing (PS1)
Spyro Year of the Dragon (PS1)
Gran Turismo 3
Jak and Daxter
Turok
You can see that we got Burnout 2 before GT3.
I am not normally one to complete games but I got concerned when I saw my Burnout percentage rising. I enjoyed the crash mode in that game but finished it all too quick.
Not many PC games have kept me going for this long, especially car games.
Sports Car GT kept me going for a while but trying to beat the hardest level with a gamepad even with a cheat car was extremely difficult.
With the exception of S license tests I think there is room for more difficulty in GT3 mainly because I have found it easy to get this far and that is not me.
Maybe in future games they could make it so you can unlock a complete ACE mode when you complete normal. This does not need to go psycho. It could include HP limits or limit where you can use F1 or real LM Cars. It could even unlock a slider where you can adjust the difficulty to any level you like. This would change the AI lap times marginally.
But anyway awesome game to have kept little old me going for this long and even want a restart. (Problem is my wife doesn't want the restart.)