What I might like to see in the next generation of GT

  • Thread starter Thread starter ahartfield
  • 6 comments
  • 800 views
Messages
20
United States
Wisconsin
Messages
ahartfield
Hello All...

I currently have 5-hours left in completing the 24-Hours at the Ring Endurance Race (A-Spec). Here are some things that I came up with that I think would be a great addition to the next generation of Gran Turismo.

1.) The ability to pause the game (or maybe just during pit stops) and review lap data of yourself and your competitors. Something similar to what you see on the B-Spec side. In real life this information is constantly available to to the driver through your crew chief. And even the ability to download this data for analysis would be fantastic too.

2.) Color coding the drivers running order you see on the right hand side with the cars shown on the course map on your left hand side. I believe earlier versions of GT had something like this, but it was lost. I think it would be nice to know, which car you are about to pass (a 2nd place car vs a 12th place car), because depending on the car I may be more aggressive on trying to pass them in the corners or wait till the straights. This would help to see who is in the pits as your flying by too - helping with pit strategy. Again, this information is available in real life through your crew chief radio.

3.) In longer endurance races (24-hours), it would be kinda neat to maybe combine both the A-Spec & B-Spec sides of the game. In real life endurance races, each time has a minimum of 4 (or more) drivers. So, maybe after my 2-hour driving stint, I could hand the next 2-hours off to one of my B-Spec drivers - then relying on his strengths and/or weaknesses - just like in real life. Kinda torn on if I would like to see this in the game, but do think it would be kinda neat.

Also, does anyone have a neat spreadsheet they might be willing to share logging lap times, gap between 1st/2nd place, pit analysis, etc... I have developed one that I am currently using for this 24Hr Ring race and can share afterwards. Just wanted to see what other people may be using.

What you guys think???

As a side note... At first I completely hated racing at the Ring, but after completing 133-laps (so far), I have really grown to enjoy racing it. And can't wait to fine tune other cars for it.

Keep Racing :)
 
I like your ideas. I feel like GT will try to step its game up this next round. Who knows what we will get, but we will see hopefully soon.
 
1) There is a GT6 board here.

2) People have discussed wanting to combine A and B-spec for endurance races before, so this would be widely-supported by players.

3) It isn't four or more drivers. For example, I'm pretty sure 24 Hours of Le Mans only has three drivers per car.
 
3) It isn't four or more drivers. For example, I'm pretty sure 24 Hours of Le Mans only has three drivers per car.

Correct, that and the vast majority of professional endurance races are 3 drivers. Some shorter races like some GT championships are two drivers.
 
My bad... I race my older Porsche in an entry level endurance race here in the midwest and we are required to have four drivers (for a seven hour race). Probably for safety.


3) It isn't four or more drivers. For example, I'm pretty sure 24 Hours of Le Mans only has three drivers per car.
 
Good stuff ahartfield.

- D A M A G E - Should be an option - per race. Should be able to turn it on or off.
( spotters ? )

- Pit option to change car setup - ex leave pits, enter garage.

- Better AI, could be an option 1-10 1=Beginner Bobs, 10=Race Aggressive (many lvl over what they are now.

- The best customizing of cars I've ever seen in a game = Midnight Run. Tire width, Wheel & Rim size, Graphics, Paints, LED Lights. As in real life, folks like to customize their cars, Licensing shouldn't be an issue. The reality - it's a rendering and memory issue why this won't be added.

- Max level 40, really now...? By having unlimited level it will keep incentive up for dedicated players. Quite the buzz kill when you hit lvl 40.

- All races should in regular game play (a-spec) should be modeled after the new seasonal's. Much better than the old system in GT4 of trying to achieve max points. The old seasonal and A-spec modes should be a thing of the past with GT6 (hopefully).

>>>>Ya want better drivers from which to farm? Keep this new format in GT6.<<<<

- Menus - didn't enjoy using maps as in GT4 and GT. Menu navigation (as in GT3 & GT5) far more intuitive than maps. Got it right with GT5, stick with menus!

- Multi Class Racing as it's done now in ALMS (American Le Mans Series). Having and option to do 10-20 races as a season. Might be interesting, especially with damages in the game.
 
All cars being premium, there is enough room on a bluray disk to hold the data.

An actual tire model/physics (similar to what's in forza) , its garbage that you can't adjust air pressure in your tires.

A livery editor

Better sounding engines, there is no way a v8 should sound like a 4 cylinder, and a vtec Honda sounds nothing like one.

Actual water that puddles up on the road, snow drifts build up on road (as like what was done in project Gotham racing 4).

Parts that fall off car which stay on track and can cut a tire if you run the part over.

Car clubs.

Able to add a AI in a online race.

Able to change oil without having to leave a online lobby.

Would love to see official game modes such as tag, cat n mouse, drag race, drifting.
 
Last edited:
Back