What I see at Work

• Thread starter speedy_2
  • 6 comments
speedy_2
Well, took my Camera to work today. For those of you who don't know I'm an Air Traffic Controller in the Navy. Sunday is a dead day so I got a chance to go outside the tower and take pics. And the Blue Angels returned today too. All taken with the 75-300mm Click Pics for larger Versions

They were doing oh...about 400+kts when they flew by. This is called a Rapid recovery. These first 6 pics are in in order taken during the recovery. And it all happened in no more than 10 seconds.

One came in prior to the others.

After they're on the ground:

Some other Aircraft that are stationed here. They're T-2's

Inside the tower(Your Tax Dollars at work :?)

And here's one from the drive home tonight:

nice pics you got there man.

Just one question though, isnt there some kind of security for an air force/navy base in terms of taking photos etc? because you could be an undercover agent trying to find ways to sneak in...

Great pics! 👍

My work is pretty close to the airport around here, and when they have the air show, its nothing but amazing aircraft looping around our building. Our views of them are nothing like yours though, thanks for making us jealous. :grumpy:

Mclaren_Man
nice pics you got there man.

Just one question though, isnt there some kind of security for an air force/navy base in terms of taking photos etc? because you could be an undercover agent trying to find ways to sneak in...

Actually, you're right in a way. But, NASP is such a big attraction that they allow people to take pictures. The Museum is not far away either. Lots of people come on base and go there. Also, there's nothing secret about the tower and airfield. I can actually bring family or friends up to the tower for a tour. People come there all the time. If there was something that required only certain people to come in the base would be closed up and the airfield would be closed to civilians.

Damn. I don't know how you guys are able to take beautiful pictures like those! :D I went to see Blue Angels in Hillsboro, OR, probably couple summers ago. They put on a great show. I took bunch of pictures, but they all looked bad, and all got lost in the computer crash anyway. :ouch: Great pics, speedy. 👍

Back