What I would want in a street racing game...

Netherlands
Emmen
nitro20001106
Hello people!
Since Need for Speed 2015 let me down, I tought to myself, what would I want in a open world driving game? So I made my own list together with some friends, and I wanted to share it with you guys. Please give me feedback on what you like about it, and what you hate about it. Maybe you can tell your sugestions too...
anyways, here is what I want from an open world street racing game, if I made it myself:

World:
-Fictional city
-City area (Japanese style)
-Mountain (for mountain racing)
-Highways
-Docks area
-2 fictional race tracks enterable from the map
-1 side of the city mountain, other side of the city desert
-City is right next to the sea
-Giant airport
-Top of the mountains snowy
-Car dealerships
-Car tuning companies
-Day/Night cycle
-Dynamic weather
-AI cars
-Offroad area's

cars:
-Variation(American muscles, Japanese, European)
-Huge carlist
-Stored in a garage, wich you can buy

Car customisation:
-Crates
-small variety of custom parts are obtainable via the tuning garages,
the car parts are bought via the crates systrem, wich has a HUGE variety of carparts.
The crates system gives no sertainty of what part you get, the tuning garages has a small
variety of carparts, but you can choose wich one you buy.
-You can make your own livery in a livery editor, like in Forza.

Crates:
Crates are the way to get new bodyparts.
They are the same principle as cases in CS:GO.
Crates are obtained via microtransactions(small ones like €0,20 per crate)
Crates have a random bodypart in them. They can include: Rims, complete bodykits,
widened fenders, spoilers, front splitters, etc, etc........
Parts you bought can be sold like the CS:GO skins on the steam market.
You can make your own bodyparts in 3d software an put them on the steam workshop, if enough people like it, it can make it into the full game, just like how CS:GO works.

Ingame currency:
Ingame currency is used for buying cars.
The currency is obtained by doing races.
the price won in races is dependent on lengt of the race and place you finished in

Gameplay:
four main gamemodes: Free roam, Racing, Missions and Drifting
Free roam is standard driving trough the city, when in online, you can hold "impromptu races"
these are races wich are point-to-point races, wich are made up on the spot.
Racing is pretty self-explainatory, you get an organised street race, either point-to-point or "circuit".
Drifting is in a competition form, 1v1 battles. You go up against other online players. Whoever gets the
most points, wins the round.
Missions is a gamemode where youhave various missions, like a chase between 2 cars, whoever outruns the
other, wins the chase. If the person, running away didn't run away in 5 minutes, the roles change.
Another mission will be that you need to drive someone to a place, without crashing within a set time.

Physics and looks:
The phisics will be on an Iracing/Rfactor2 level, with the looks of Assetto Corsa/ Project CARS.

online:
All of the driving is done online(freeroaming, driftin, racing and missions).
There is an option to go offline freeroaming, you can do missions and you can do singleplayer drifting,
but you can't do races.
people are catogorised on rating per server.
64 people MAX per server

Rating:
Rating is a way to catogorise people on their driving. It works the same as in Iracing with the Irating.
People with high rating will be matchmade with other people with high rating and vice-versa.

video making:
There will be a full video making program, wich will work like the Rockstar Editor.

If you liked it, please share this with your friends, maybe, one day, someone at a big devolpment studio will see this and maybe, take these suggestions seriously....:)

-Patrick:gtpflag:

I'd like it to be more down to earth. You're doing illegal activity sure, but how much money is there really to be made outside of films or OTT racing games? You'd be lucky to win a couple hundred in reality, so this approach would allow you to keep your car longer and bond with it.

Think of it as your trusty horse. Any damage to it hurts your bottom line and stops you racing, so you can't just drive like a total jerk unless you're the laissez-faire sort. Parts priced realistically, so you spend a fair amount of time racing the bottom feeders. Buying new cars would come as a result of hard work and determination. Doing them up would be a battle between individuality and cost.

I'd absolutely love a street racing game with substance, because they're always treated like millionaire play-things, when those who street race are probably young, working class men who channel their energy this way and not drinking their money away each weekend.

VXR
I'd like it to be more down to earth. You're doing illegal activity sure, but how much money is there really to be made outside of films or OTT racing games? You'd be lucky to win a couple hundred in reality, so this approach would allow you to keep your car longer and bond with it.

Think of it as your trusty horse. Any damage to it hurts your bottom line and stops you racing, so you can't just drive like a total jerk unless you're the laissez-faire sort. Parts priced realistically, so you spend a fair amount of time racing the bottom feeders. Buying new cars would come as a result of hard work and determination. Doing them up would be a battle between individuality and cost.

I'd absolutely love a street racing game with substance, because they're always treated like millionaire play-things, when those who street race are probably young, working class men who channel their energy this way and not drinking their money away each weekend.
Always thought Tokyo Xtreme Racing nailed this to an extent, you could barely get ridiculous supercars and each car you bought felt like a tough decision as cash was hard to earn.

I would like to see a lot of day one DLC which doubles the original asking price of the game. Also I'd like to see always online! And keeping track of all your friends. Rubber banding would be great but not really a dealbreaker for me.

I want incredible graphics, so I can get super hyped and become blind to the flaws of the game. I want to become aware of these flaws within 3 hours of playing the game, so I'll continue playing the game for 2 more hours and then never play it again. Only to get hyped for the next great game!

I'm curious which list will be more interessting for any big developer......

Back