What insignificant thing in GT5 would make the game just that little bit more awesome

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rage0329
  • 20 comments
  • 1,916 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
212
Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Messages
Rage028
Messages
Rage0329
Based on thread topic:

The small things in each of the GT games besides the obvious gorgeous graphics and physics just bring the awesomeness / scale of the game home.

e.g.: In GT4 the little flames from exhaust pipes, the silver badging on the Viper...
e.g.: In GT5:Prologue the digital HUD in the Z06, looking around the interior of the 350Z



I think for GT5:
IF at night the headlights of the 370Z light up the road just like they do in real life. That'd be impressive.


What insignificant thing in GT5 would push it over the line for you?
 
Last edited:
3D trees, skidmarks, reverse lights...and realistic water under the bridge of High Speed Ring.
I win.
Next?
 
Some may think it silly but if we get weather such as rain, it would be great to be able to turn the windscreen wipers on/off manually :)
 
i would like if you could control the lights of the car.
 
If they included the old school F1 cars!
 
Perhaps the option (in that the player should be given the option to skip) of doing the warm up lap before forming up on the grid to warm up the tyres and brakes etc.

Also, I wouldnt mind proper rolling starts where the player controls the car rather than this one behind the other we have in prologue.
 
brake fade management
ambient temp affecting engine performance
 
3D trees, skidmarks, reverse lights...and realistic water under the bridge of High Speed Ring.
I win.
Next?
You fail. Those things are actually significant.;):p:D
 
Some may think it silly but if we get weather such as rain, it would be great to be able to turn the windscreen wipers on/off manually :)

i would like if you could control the lights of the car.

These 2 options would be nice, guessing that when we do get dynamic/static weather/day/night automatic on and off will be available, but the ability to do it yourself is indeed insignificant perhaps but still a nice feature.

I remember however a similar thread existing to which I replied some time ago and think I put forward the option of personalized number plates ( very tacky in real life but could be a subtle way to personalize the car in-game ) or at least number plates from your own country, I know very insignificant and not affecting the core of the game even in the slightest but a nice detail perhaps. :)
 
Full adjustable camera angles( in car ,outside)
User created car folders in garage and more advanced car filter,
Tuning packages while shopping (or a shopping chart),
Ability to create cars from scratch (like in the old sega gt) (chose a chasis engine and body),
Track editor (at least cone editor for a slalom course :)
I know i want much but just trying :D
 
I agree with most above, one other significant thing I have been missing since for ever is REAL tire wear = you can drive more laps when you take care of your tires. This never worked for me in previous titles, I would even run my best lap times with red tire indicators way over the time I should have pitted already. Yay for realism! ;)
 
A realistic drag racing mode with NHRA rules and at least one NHRA drag strip.
 
I think some people might confuse features they would like to see appear in the game with insignificant details, things that may be nice but not essential or even affecting gameplay much, at least that's what I thought this thread was about......:lol:
 
I think some people might confuse features they would like to see appear in the game with insignificant details, things that may be nice but not essential or even affecting gameplay much, at least that's what I thought this thread was about......:lol:

True. :dunce: But then what for some is insignificant, might be very significant for others. I didn't say skidmarks, did I? :ouch:
 
Bugs etc splattered on the windscreen.

Skidmarks - have to be in - if they are not then shame on PD.
 
True. :dunce: But then what for some is insignificant, might be very significant for others. I didn't say skidmarks, did I? :ouch:

:lol:True, but the distinction could be made if it actually affected the gameplay much ( like tyre wear, etc. ) although that's probably just as subjective........so is this.

DSC01300_small.jpg
 
some little features i think would make the game more exciting.
Realistic backfires.
a Anti-lagg system would be awsome for Rally cars
also differnt turbo blo-valve such as vrromm chhhh. vromm stu tu tu tu
AND a Supercharger that you can hear when getting BOOST...
 
User adaptable view (PGR 1 on original Xbox had this)
You positioned the camera height/angle and saved it as a user view

Being able to create car garages and share them

Replay mode allowing total freedom of viewpoint or save camera positions
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back