What is Causing the Network Instability?

• Thread starter JTB10000
  • 9 comments
United States
Texas
JoshsoJB
I, like many other players, enjoy racing/cruising online in GT6 but the constant disconnections and server errors, especially from Quick Match, are making it harder and harder to do so.

Is there any explanation as to why this is happening so frequently?

Got gt6 at launch day played it basically everyday, never ever been disconnected by a race... I think most issues are not server related but connection related, due to routers/nat or too high latency.

And no i do not have fast or "special" internet :D

I get disconnected from the server or lobby failed every time i play GT6 online.I got used to it, but still sucks.

It could be that your NAT type is Moderate or Strict, which means overall your Internet connection is bad.
To improve it, you must have an Open NAT type.Here is a website portforward.com that has guides with over
1000 of routers and games, and also guides to port forwarding your PS3/XBOX(port forwarding is NAT type).

I have a good connection (though slow), and live less than 4 miles from the main hub for my town. I still get discoed when there is a full room. I think it's more because of my 1.5 down, .9 up connection than specificaly because of their servers.

It would be nice to not have the problem, though.

I was disconnected from some lobbys few times. I don't understand why the glitch of invisible drivers in race is still in GT6...

harsk you connection is dreadful, be honest :D did you improve it in any way?
As I said, in latest meetings that I've raced in June, I had seen all drivers. Before June, my internet was 12 MB. Now, my internet is 24 MB.

speed is not so important when playing online what matters the most is latency/ping to other machines next time you see me around testing hop in and let's see how you are doing now ;)

Back