What is happening with the new scrutineering program?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MasterGT
  • 11 comments
  • 785 views
Messages
2,410
Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Messages
MastrGT
This search feature won't allow looking for "MK", so I didn't find anything recent about how development of a GT4 equivalent to his GT3 scrutineering program is progressing. There was talk about this earlier, so I presume someone is actually working on it.

What is happening with the GT4 version?

MasterGT
 
A little of topic, but do a search for MK*, and the search will work.
 
Sorry my native idiom is not english, so can anybody tell me wtf is a "scrutineering program"? :)
 
It's a PC program that can dissect GT game saves so you can check out car setups, etc. There is one written for GT3 by a guy called MK (which is why it's called "MK's". This is how people make hybrid cars, among other things.

However, MK has announced he will not write one for GT4, I believe because of having to break the compression algorithm for GT4 replays and saves.
 
Duke
It's a PC program that can dissect GT game saves so you can sheck out car setups, etc. There is one written for GT3 by a guy called MK (which is why it's called "MK's". This is how people make hybrid cars, among other things.

However, MK has announced he will not write one for GT4, I believe because of having to break the compression algorithm for GT4 replays and saves.

No!
DAngit! I was really looking forward to getting some cool hybrids in GT4. MK's for GT3 was great. Shucks.... :indiff:
 
Swift
No!
DAngit! I was really looking forward to getting some cool hybrids in GT4. MK's for GT3 was great. Shucks.... :indiff:
That's just what I've heard. I can't tell you for sure. However, I do have to say, that it's going to make judging the BC5 results more difficult. Before in MKs the judges could just fire up MKs on the replay to make sure the car was in spec.
 
Duke
That's just what I've heard. I can't tell you for sure. However, I do have to say, that it's going to make judging the BC5 results more difficult. Before in MKs the judges could just fire up MKs on the replay to make sure the car was in spec.


Hmm...hadn't thought of it like that before. I guess it has more ramifications then I first thought.
 
Man, I did not even know that was possible to do in GT3... :) People should be worried about playing the game, fair 'n square, not leaving the computer playing by itself for weeks just to get enough cash to buy a supercar :) Nevermind me...

Anyway guys, thank you for the explanation... 👍
 
Duke
I do have to say, that it's going to make judging the BC5 results more difficult. Before in MKs the judges could just fire up MKs on the replay to make sure the car was in spec.
INDEED! 👎 That's why "OLR" has lost a lot of appeal for many here. We're stuck with SUPER SOFT Tyres & MAXIMUM Horse Power since if other limits are set there's NO WAY to check & make sure EVERYONE is playing by the same rules! :indiff: Not only did PD NOT give us TRUE ONLINE Capability like they "Promised"...they Screwed up the only other reliable form (Other than Soft/Max) we had!!! :irked: JMHO...O.G. :D
 
heh, makes me miss the good 'ol gt2 days when you could just hex edit your save file off a dex-drive and make "hack hybrids"
was fun to make all the nut-job cars that would fly and silly stuff like going 300mph in reverse.

but yeah, if gt4 runs compression on the replay files... not going to be too easy to make an analyzer.
 
Duke
MK has announced he will not write one for GT4, I believe because of having to break the compression algorithm for GT4 replays and saves.
This is not good news. I was not aware that the replays were compressed now, either.

Thanks for clearing this up, Duke.

MasterGT
 
Back