What is the battery compartment on the standard Fanatec pedals for?

• Thread starter mf-dif
  • 4 comments
mf-dif
SCTuning
I didn't have any extra batteries laying around when I got my Fanatec Carrera wheel so I hooked it up without batteries in the pedals. These are the same pedals that come on the standard 911 wheel (minus the chrome). They've been working fine without any batteries, so I'm wondering what they are for?

It's not talked about int he manual, so what purpose do they serve?

I think that its a bit of a laze on Fanatecs part, the Turbo/S had wireless capabilities for pedals and I guess they just didn't take it off.

Hmmm...the wheel does have the left button on the LED that according to the GT3 manual is a wireless connect function. Maybe another left over.

Hmmm...the wheel does have the left button on the LED that according to the GT3 manual is a wireless connect function. Maybe another left over.

I seriously hope that it gives it wireless capabilities because when my 'make-do' stand gets caught on the wires, I fear of breaks! I've wondered what that button does...

Fanatec... this would be a great tim to step in.

Are the carrera pedals the same? When i was looking at them the accelerator seemed to be shorter than the turbo one. Could just be an illusion due to the darker colour though.

And yes the batteries are only for wireless.

Back