What is the best LMP car?

  • Thread starter Thread starter McLaren Fan 1
  • 29 comments
  • 9,693 views
Messages
106
Messages
Boyracer94
What is the best LMP car? I don't have one yet and was wondering which one(s) I should buy.
 
I have a Nissan R92CP and it's amazing!
It's group C so probably not what you're looking for, but really very quick.
 
I'm loving the Toyota GT-One!

Buy it in the used car lot and do the turbo upgrade. I have not even done the engine or chassis rebuild and it seems better than the other LMP cars!

Gee...Look at my avatar!
 
In the LMP Races i've done so far its allways the R8 Audi's that are Chasing me and usually finish second (thank god) thats in a Field with R10's but no 908's

As a Day to Day one to Own I also Prefer the Group C Cars .
 
The Audi R-wotsit is a Premium and is VERY nice in Forza! I haven't quite got the spare credits to acquire one in GT5 yet, but I'll get back to you :D
 
since performances of standard cars haven't changed at all from GT4, I would say the Toyota 88C-V is the fastest.
But in GT4 I scored my best times driving a Nissan R92CP, so I believe those who say they like the nissan.
My Peugeot 908 is pretty fast too, but it lacks of acceleration compared to group c cars.
 
The Audi R-wotsit is a Premium and is VERY nice in Forza! I haven't quite got the spare credits to acquire one in GT5 yet, but I'll get back to you :D

The R10 is good, but twitchy. It oversteers and has too much torque (set off in third gear and it still wheelspins!). I didn't really like it.
 
The r10 sounds like poop too. I love the 908. Gonna pick up the mazda tonight to try it out
 
R10 is a bit too underpowered for me. Haven't tried 908 yet but I'm expecting an absolute speedster. 787B is very good through corners thanks to its lightweight. 88C-V you get from the Like the Wind is still excellent at everything.

To win the Like the Wind, you'll want to either win a Mazda Furai from the B-Spec NR-A Roadster Cup and modify accordingly or get a Corvette ZR-1 and fully modify it including RM. I have tried and won in the Furai previously but I don't know about the ZR-1...
 
My guess would be the Audi R8. For those mentioning Nissan R92C and GT-One, they're not LMPs unless I'm terribly mistaken.
 
Nissan R92C and 88C-V are group C cars, I consider the Toyota GT-One in the LMP category, it raced against the BMW V12 LMR and was just as fast at Le Mans 1999. Rules are almost the same just open top or closed same way with the R10 and Pug 908. My choice too would be the Toyota GT-One grip monster around corners.
 
Yes, the R92CP is Group C so not technically an LMP, but it's allowed in all the same events in the career, so arguably it's in the same class -ish :P
 
I have a C9 and an 88C-V, but i'm now looking for an LMP. I'm thinking between V12 LMR, 908, R8 and R10.
 
Its allowed in the Sunday Cup awell. Restrictions over time made the Le Mans cars slower, more efficient, and better handling. True story.
 
Its allowed in the Sunday Cup awell. Restrictions over time made the Le Mans cars slower, more efficient, and better handling. True story.

I guess they're slower in a straight line but I'm pretty sure they're quicker over a whole lap at Le Mans nevermind all the other ITC/LMS/ALMS tracks.
 
I've heard the Peugeot 905, my favourite Le Mans racer ever, is a quick car. Can anyone confirm this?
 
I traded a 908 for the C9 Sauber the Sauber beat my old Lap Record (i'm not a great Driver) held by my Jaguar XJ-9LM by nearly a Second after just one attempt .

The other reason I prefer the Group C Cars is there not Diesels 👍

I also traded a Audi R10 for the Nissan RC92CP
 
Like I said, I have a Sauber C9 and a Toyota 88C-V (Group C) and now I want an LMP. What do you guys recommend?
 
In the LMP Races i've done so far its allways the R8 Audi's that are Chasing me and usually finish second (thank god) thats in a Field with R10's but no 908's

As a Day to Day one to Own I also Prefer the Group C Cars .

Like I said, I have a Sauber C9 and a Toyota 88C-V (Group C) and now I want an LMP. What do you guys recommend?

As I said above the R8 in my Opinion is the Best pick for a LMP Car , but its not Premium .
 
^^^ Thanks, I'll keep looking for it. do you know how much $$$ it is?
 
I think all the cars discussed here cost about 4,000,000.

How about the C60 Hybride? For me it seems to be the toughest one to win when AI is driving. Anybody tried it against Minolta?
 
FGT
I think all the cars discussed here cost about 4,000,000.

How about the C60 Hybride? For me it seems to be the toughest one to win when AI is driving. Anybody tried it against Minolta?

C60 Great Car 👍 a bit of a Gas Guzzler though so you'll need a good lead when pitting .
 
isn't sauber c9 the best lemans car in gt4? what about gt5?
 
My guess would be the Audi R8. For those mentioning Nissan R92C and GT-One, they're not LMPs unless I'm terribly mistaken.

The Toyota GT-One was a LMP car when they raced in 98 and 99. The rules changed after 99, however even if Toyota continued the race program, I think I remember it would pass the requirements. Toyota abandon the Leman's program for F1 in 2000! :indiff:
 
I traded a 908 for the C9 Sauber the Sauber beat my old Lap Record (i'm not a great Driver) held by my Jaguar XJ-9LM by nearly a Second after just one attempt .

The other reason I prefer the Group C Cars is there not Diesels 👍

I also traded a Audi R10 for the Nissan RC92CP

That was MY Sauber.......

Glad you're enjoying it.
 
The Toyota GT-One was a LMP car when they raced in 98 and 99. The rules changed after 99, however even if Toyota continued the race program, I think I remember it would pass the requirements. Toyota abandon the Leman's program for F1 in 2000! :indiff:

Yeah it would have its just an LMP with a bubble on top lol. Same way with the Bentley all it was is an Audi R8 LMP with a closed top is all, almost exactly the same except for some tweaking by the Bentley team. I just wish PD would classify the cars by the rules it raced under in real life, for example Group C, LMP 900, LMP 675, GTP, GTS, GT1, GT2 ect...
 
Yeah it would have its just an LMP with a bubble on top lol. Same way with the Bentley all it was is an Audi R8 LMP with a closed top is all, almost exactly the same except for some tweaking by the Bentley team. I just wish PD would classify the cars by the rules it raced under in real life, for example Group C, LMP 900, LMP 675, GTP, GTS, GT1, GT2 ect...


that would be just nice, and think just of the possibility of races then(e.g. an endurance called GT1 "late 90s", LMP900 competition, Group C Le Mans:tup::))

i heard on a japanese forum, that the Toyota GT-One is pretty fast, saw a video with its top speed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgwl9S3HuxQ&feature=player_embedded

...and i don't like PD putting wrong adverts (exxon instead of esso) on cars like the gt-one or 905:tdown:

other than that the Pescas, the R8(very good braking) are the best LMP cars I think, btw: can you tune the 04 playstation R8 to its "unrestricted" HP?
I think it has 550 HP stock:crazy:...
 
My favourites the Toyota Minolta, Mazda 787b and Sauber C9.👍
 
I don't own one yet so cannot really say.

I prefer the look of the Group C / GTP stuff.

Do the more modern R8, R10 and 908's offer a better fuel economy in-game, though?
 
The most fun imo is the Audi R10

Fastest would probably be the Minolta
 
Back