What is the best Normal Car and Race Car in the Game That You Can Buy?

BarbarianGoth

(Banned)
Canada
Canada
Baptized_Soviet
Baptized Soviet
So I have the best chances of winning the hardest races without sweating too much.
Also which is the fastest car for the Mega Speed series?

The grind really isn't that bad in this game. I feel GT2 is much more of a grind with lower payouts.
And the cars in this game are more interesting than GT Sport's (couldn't resist :D)

Fastest cars for the Megaspeed Cup are the GTO Twin Turbo, Supra RZ and Skyline GT-R R33 V-spec (with tweaked racing gearbox though, if you don't tune the gear ratios you won't be able to go faster than 315-320 km/h with the GT-R). Those are the fastest cars, I've done 405 km/h with the Supra on the Test Course without slipstreaming behind other cars. There are a few other cars which are not so fast, but will be able to beat the Megaspeed cup with no problems.
As for the normal cars - the fastest one is the Viper GTS - if you know how to handle it properly though, it tends to get twitchy in low- and midspeed corners. The TVRs, the two Corvettes and the NSX TypeS/TypeS-Zero come next.

Yeah thanks for the tips!

Just won the Mega Speed cup with the fully tuned '89 GTR with adjustable gear box and 931 HP baby!! This one payed to qualify as starting from sixth with only 2 laps on the short High Speed Track was really hard to win with all those cars being really fast lol.

Tuned Championship was easy to win with the GTR at 931hp, so long as you never dipped below 3500rpm, at which the turbo lag would take a full five seconds to get the car going!

For the normal Championship, fairly easy win with the Viper, tried with the TVR Griffith but couldn't consistently win. Maybe the Cerbera would do the job, haven't tried it yet.

GT World Cup was an easy affair, with any decent race car being able to do the job.

Haven't tried the endurance races yet. How hard are they compared to the rest of the championships?

They're a bit tougher as you have to drive for an hour and a half or maybe two without a break (technically). And you also have to pit for tire changes every now and then, so you need to adjust your driving style and tune your car so that it won't "eat" its tires quickly. Other than that it's the same as the other races. At least that's my opinion.
BTW, TVRs are a bit tail-happy, but with proper use of the accelerator they become quite a menace to the other cars. You should be easily able to leave the others behind in the Normal Cup with it. I managed to win the championship with an FC RX-7 Infini III last night (three wins, one second and one third place at the final race. The NSX wasn't there, though, otherwise winning would be impossible), so winning everything in a TVR shouldn't be a problem. I guess sometimes luck comes into play too, though. But if you drive smooth and careful you should be fine.

P.S: About the turbolag - some guy here on the forum said that if you keep your original flywheel the lag will be reduced a bit. I've tried it on a few cars and it seems to work.

Back