What is the deal with the "cheat" at

• Thread starter randys
  • 7 comments
quick match event , the main one, the one you default to when you go to the screen

why do i get a 10 second penalty if i cut across grass at last turn before straight stretch at end and others dont?

Touring Car Battle is the name

Was just getting used to being penalized 99 out of a 100 times I have contact and the other driver never being penalized, now this.

You're moaning you're getting a penalty by trying to get an unfair advantage over others and want to see them get the same penalty for trying the same unfair move?

Did you really just ask that?

Here's an idea. Drive to the track limits and see if you can educate yourself, and them, into stopping ruining online racing for the rest of us.

Some people...

Sigh...I was asking why are others able to drive across the grass and not get penalized.

I tried it to see if I could since I was tired of being passed by so many who are doing it, and I couldnt.

I was initiating nothing but watching MANY others doing it so I tried it, because I was tired of being 6 seconds ahead of them and then 2 seconds behind them in the blink of an eye.

Sorry that I upset you.

AGAIN, after watching others do it RACE AFTER RACE, LAP AFTER LAP, i finally tried it to see what would happen to me and I get penalized, and wonder why they arent being

As someone who's done hundreds of quick matches, every person I've seen who shortcuts over the usual places on the usual tracks gets a penalty. Especially with the chicane on the Nurburgring as it's an obvious place to try and gain an advantage.

The penalties aren't perfect for things like collisions but they're pretty close to perfect for short cutting. Save some replays and watch them in car. I'm sure you'll see they get the same penalty.

THat's what I thought, but something has happened because it is happening, or I could swear it is.

As to collision, it makes no difference how i do it, if my vehicle touches another, 99 out of 100 times I get a penalty, so I have tried to figure out how to go thru turns with traffic, kinda tough.

A golden quick match rule is to prepare for the worst and hope for the best but with tracks like Nurburgring, any advantage you build up will be nulled by the short cutters anyway. It's not the best track for quick matches with the tempting shortcut.

The best way I've found of dealing with the people who look for contact to get an advantage is to use any and all lines available and bait them into making a mistake by not being where they thought I'd be. Pretty funny seeing them fly off track as a result.

any advantage you build up will be nulled by the short cutters anyway.
Sorry but I disagree. Learn to drive, survive the first lap mayhem by driving smartly, get ahead, put in fast, clean laps and their shortcut penalties are too much and you can win consistently. And by a fair margin at that.

In an ideal world, yes.

Having met drivers who run a similar pace to me but choose to shortcut the chicane while I drive it though, the shortcut wins practically every time.

It completely ruins the race there when the quicker drivers do it so I choose not to race there at all. I won't race against cheats.

Back