What is the passcode for?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wingsofwar
  • 6 comments
  • 1,237 views
Messages
74
I dunno if this has been discussed or seen, but im curious what the passcode screen is suppose to do?

In sim mode, go to any track and select practice. make a full timed lap and then quit. Next select RANKINGS to see the fastest times in the track. Select any of the cars and press start..and a orange screen pops up that says passcode.

Im just wondering...what is it for? any ideas?
 
If I remember correctly it's for the official Gran Turismo 4 World Timings/Rankings leaderboard, a little like the passcode for Metal gear Solid Sons of Liberty.
 
You can post the times on the polyphony website, but dont you think that posting the times here is more fun?
 
X-Othermic
You can post the times on the polyphony website, but dont you think that posting the times here is more fun?


:confused:

wich site
and ou have a leaderbord:confused:
 
Appie, this site, and go onto the main page and go onto leaderboards:tup:
 
oo oke

thnx X:tup:
 
X-Othermic
Appie, this site, and go onto the main page and go onto leaderboards:tup:
The Leaderboard verification thread does not explain how these passcodes work or are used, though.

As far as I have been able to figure out, the numbers can _only_ be decoded by SONY. I have never seen any other use for them except in some sort of official or sanctioned contest, for which SONY verifies times.

Cheers,

MasterGT
 
Back