what is the purpose of buying new cars

• Thread starter kobihadad
  • 25 comments
Israel
Israel
Hey, its the first time I play GT and i am near ending the cafe, but i am feeling i missing the purpose of buying expensive cars.
because every race has his Restrictions so i cant choose what i payed for.
i will like if you can share why you buying cars? or just for the fun of owning it.

Im somewhere around book 20 and have only bought a truck so far I needed for advancing.
If you want a specific car for online, I suppose that would be a good reason to buy. But for advancing through "career"you don't have to buy a lot of cars really.

Last edited:
everyone plays differently but for me its online racing where i use most of my cars. build cars to suit certain pp levels (400, 450,500,550) are common road car groups

Hey, its the first time I play GT and i am near ending the cafe, but i am feeling i missing the purpose of buying expensive cars.
i will like if you can share why you buying cars? or just for the fun of owning it.
I buy cars I like so I can use them with Time Trial / Custom Races.

For me it's mostly collecting and then using it online once lobbies are in a better state.
Currently I'm buying every car that's in the used car dealership, as they are pretty cheap and there's not so much change, so I don't need to grind for those.

So far I haven't really bought much from the new car dealership, just too expensive, and too little money to start collecting there. Just looking at the legendary cars from time to time if I can buy something there.

In GT5 I owned every car possible, but there we had the seasonal races for a very easy money income.
That will be harder to achieve in GT7 - in the current state - with more cars only available at certain times, and less money available in general

There is definitely a lack of events for the higher end cars. You really don't need to buy anything better than Gr.3 car right now. To get through menus, a GT-R that costs under 100k is all that you'll need. That said, they'll probably add some races later on where you will be able to use the better cars.

But why I buy cars in general? So I can get behind the steering wheel and drive beautifully rendered cars that I will never be able to own/drive in real life. This is as close as I'll ever get to driving a McLaren F1.

In GT5 I owned every car possible, but there we had the seasonal races for a very easy money income.
That will be harder to achieve in GT7 - in the current state - with more cars only available at certain times, and less money available in general

Well, in GT7 - Fishermen Ranch with Audi S1, I'm making 97,500cr. every 3.20min. - not bad, IMHO.

Well, in GT7 - Fishermen Ranch with Audi S1, I'm making 97,500cr. every 3.20min. - not bad, IMHO.
You want to grind FR with your Audi for hours and hours ?

I am not into collecting and not in a hurry to get certain cars for competing online so the credits scarcity does not bother me at the moment. But I hope we'll get more ways to make some good credits, via more enjoyable and various options (the better would be for it not look like grinding).

Last edited:
You want to grind FR with your Audi for hours and hours ?
Well, I do everyday 30-60min. Actually, I enjoy "drifting" my Audi S1 there. At first, I hardly managed to finish 1st. Now, I do a lap in 3.13 or so and I thing I can even do it better :)

Last edited:
I did some Blue Moon Bay grinding in GTS but that quickly grow tiring. And I hate rally :lol: so in GT7 I'll wait for other options.

It was polyphonys job to give cars a purpose. You could argue they've failed.

everyone plays differently but for me its online racing where i use most of my cars. build cars to suit certain pp levels (400, 450,500,550) are common road car groups
what do you mean by build, like you have a limit to 450 PP how can you have better car then that?

It was polyphonys job to give cars a purpose. You could argue they've failed.
maybe its because I use to play games of diff type, i feel its like you grind to buy the best weapon but cant use it, so why buy it?

yes add parts in the tuning shop like better tyres, brakes, power mods for the engine, lighten the chassis or gt auto body kit options

what do you mean by build, like you have a limit to 450 PP how can you have better car then that?
There are many ways to respect the PP limit with different cars setup and tuning parts, which can be more or less suited to some tracks and events.

with out your pp going up as well?
The PP goes up with some parts and down with others (you can tweak power and ballast to mitigate the effect of the new performance parts)

For you have the option of installing let's say Racing Soft tyres and lower the power, or installing Sport Soft and keeping more room for power, if you need more max speed than cornering. And every variation you want, be it to suit your tastes or to adapt to an event.

And you can do it on the same car which makes it convenient to partake different events with your favorite car if it can be set up regarding the limitations of the event.

That's why those stupid "invitations" to buy top tier cars. Just an excuse to make you grind to buy a car that costs millions of credits before the invite expires.
A car that you have no use at all at the game current state.

Those roullete, to the moment, and already had many only gave me credits or invitations (have 3 at the moment, one for Lambo Veneno 3.6 million, Porsche Carrera GT 2.3 million and an Aston Martin I didn't even bother to go to dealership to see what it is). Never had a engine swap, a car or a tuning part.

Weird question. GT purpose is to collect all cars or most of them. You could also ask whats the purpose of playing videogames?
for me the purpose is to advance and be better at the game and have fun, i feel like collecting all the cars mean to grind the most profitable race again and again...

Weird question. GT purpose is to collect all cars or most of them. You could also ask whats the purpose of playing videogames?
Weird answer. I thought this was the "real DRIVING simulator" not "the real COLLECTING simulator"

My goal is to drive, and get better at it, while having fun. Not grinding one dumb track for days to be able to collect all stamps from the catalogue.

I already have 79!! cars in the garage. Of which I'll drive a handfull. Bought 3 of them, with 2 I could have avoided to buy.

I keep my scarcefully won credits to specific cars which I intend to drive and/or tune.

You have never blasted down a country road in a beautiful car. The sound of the ebbing engine. The gentle pop of the tires rolling over imperfections in the road. The gleam of the moonlight on polished body work. The cool air flowing over the subtle curves in the fenders and hood wrapping around you like a warm blanket.

Some people drive cars some people are passionate about cars, even virtual ones.

Weird answer. I thought this was the "real DRIVING simulator" not "the real COLLECTING simulator"

My goal is to drive, and get better at it, while having fun. Not grinding one dumb track for days to be able to collect all stamps from the catalogue.

I already have 79!! cars in the garage. Of which I'll drive a handfull. Bought 3 of them, with 2 I could have avoided to buy.

I keep my scarcefully won credits to specific cars which I intend to drive and/or tune.
PD actually ridiculouling themself in their GTS trailer, now apparently it is all about collecting cars lol

i`ve finished the cafe races and i`m already bored out of my mind grinding that 1 track to collect more cars , this doesnt feel like a finished game .
There`s also no option to reset the races .
im the same myself got 6 trophies left im only grinding for the legendary cars. online doesn't seem to be interesting enough for me I've finished cafe myself I cant see gt being a game I'm going to come back to a lot compared to forza horizons series/seasons rewards and challenges.

In order to drive them you have to get them and collect them. That's part of the game.
Nobody forces you to buy or get all of them anyway...

Back