what is the rally car that can be modded above 560 bhp?

  • Thread starter Thread starter johnnybravo1
  • 15 comments
  • 847 views
Messages
25
I have some difficulties with dirt tracks, and use the subaru imprezza rally car prototype 01 for most of the races. I have won all the races (snow, dirt, city tracks in the easy and normal, and some snow tracks in the hard, besides the amalfi track of the hard as well.
Which rally car can be modded above 560 bhp? I strongly believe that, as well as driving skills, some extra bhp will not hurt.
 
Are the opponents catching up with you on straightaways? I doubt it. You're just gonna have to practice and avoid the walls. However, there are a few that can go above 560, although I haven't really tried modding too many. I think some of the older ones (Lancia Delta, maybe one of the Peugots other than the 206?) can get higher than that, and I know for a fact the Escudo comes with much more than that stock, although it's a pain to drive. Sort of the same deal as with the speed 12. Get the Escudo if you want something with a lot of horsepower, it's not too hard to win, just beat the hard el capitan race...I think it's the very last one on the list.
 
I remember in GT3 having the Escudo Pikes Peak Car & I had that to 1,000+ BHP. I'm not really into the Rally stuff on GT4 yet
 
besides of modding, i have set the individual gears to the maximum, the auto setting to one and the final drive to minumum, no driving aids. what breaking control setup do you use? which car have u used to win the tahiti hard?
 
I only have tahiti hard too :) I used subaru impreza spec C for every races(including hard) and had no troubles winning them with a 100kg ballast to make the car heavier so it handles better (for me)
 
i nailed all the normal dirt and snow ones using a Evi IV Rally car and won easily and nicely. the rally raid which is more powerful just slid everywhere. power isnt everything
 
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Super Rally Car '03: 564 HP maximum.

Best rally car in the game. Of course, for 1,250,000 credits, it had better be...
 
Zardoz
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Super Rally Car '03: 564 HP maximum.

Best rally car in the game. Of course, for 1,250,000 credits, it had better be...
Yeah, best one in the game if you ignore the Group B cars. And you can win those.
 
I won cathedral rocks trail 1+2 with a modded subaru impreza '03, on the hard ones. It was tough but worth ti to get the escudo
 
IMO I found that a fully modded evo VIII MR was a good choice as i tended to get too much wheelspin from the lighter rally cars. It is also a wonderful addition to your garage 👍
 
the wall can be your friend. use it wisely and you can easily win. gently slide the rear into the wall while still on the gas, and you can easily get 2-3 seconds per turn. i beat all the hards with a lightly modified evo IV while getting around 75 points each
 
That's the LAST option IMO. I try to do the race without cheating for a-spec points but if I really can't manage to do it or if the AI bumped me and I got the 5 sec. penalty then I wallride without felling guilty 👍
 
If you want to have fun, you can do all the easy and medium races in an Audi RS6 Wagon! :) :)

Still working on the hard races, driving skill is the problem, not the car :guilty:

Enjoy
 
gt_masta
That's the LAST option IMO. I try to do the race without cheating for a-spec points but if I really can't manage to do it or if the AI bumped me and I got the 5 sec. penalty then I wallride without felling guilty 👍
I dissagree. I'd rather wallride with a car that is considerably slower and still hard to win with than enter a car with 3 times as much power and half as much weight (Suzuki Escudo) and drive right (which I think is even cheaper).
 
You Could mod the toyota rally raid car that you win from the capri rally to 500bhp+. also if you dont like it you can still sell it for over 250 000 credits anyway.
 
I did all but the GC Hard dirt rallies in the Lacia S4 stock. It comes with 450HP stock and all the races were <10 points.

Like it was said above: the problem is not power but control. Do one of the races and then watch the reply comparing your lines against the AI lines. You will notice the AI does not drift as much as you do. And the AI drive also slows down TO A CRAWL at hairpins and really sharp turns.
 
Back