What is the state of Single Player Career Mode?

United States
United States
JGreg7
Unfortunately I wasnt selected for the closed beta GT Sport trial. Not sure if it was something directly sent to my PSN account or my email? But, oh well...

My question is there any concrete info on the state of career mode? In terms of previous titles. Ranking up, class races, is PP system in play, etc...

And is buying cars the same process? acquiring them in the dealership to garage, customizing, etc...

Ive looked around but cant find any concrete info and wondering if the beta confirmed (unconfirmed) any of this? Thanks!

Unfortunately I wasnt selected for the closed beta GT Sport trial. Not sure if it was something directly sent to my PSN account or my email? But, oh well...
From what I hear, it goes to your PSN account messages, rather than your email.

My question is there any concrete info on the state of career mode? In terms of previous titles. Ranking up, class races, is PP system in play, etc...
The career mode that was initially shown last year was mostly driver training, outside of that I think there is Arcade mode. I can't recall if there is driver leveling, but it seems like there might be some sort of progression since you do still earn money, since they're giving you credit bonus's for certain pre-orders before. There is still the PP rating system though.

And is buying cars the same process? acquiring them in the dealership to garage, customizing, etc...
I would imagine, since there is a credit system. Although, I don't think there is any customizing, more rather, tuning.

Hey, @OpenMikeEagle
I received the beta invitation through the PS4 notifications.
Currently no way to explore campaign mode in the beta. It's there, but inaccessible.
There is still a PP type system in place but it seems to have been replaced by BoP (Balance of Performance)

The option to sell your cars is present but inaccessible at the moment. Currently no way to purchase cars, but you received them as rewards for completing 26 miles each day.

This is still beta, so things will likely change.

There seems to be concrete evidence of some classes and mission races, as provided by some descriptions in the official gran turismo website. Check those out if you haven't yet.

Thanks for the info!

I will check some more stuff on the website, I usually browse GTPlanet!

Interesting...Well I got into a racing club (casual) in GT6 which was the best online experience I had. Random Races were very frustrating more so of a "random" user ethics (dirty drivers, trolls, etc.) Not necessarily a GT issue. Maybe this time through it will be easier to find like-minded racers through in-game means.

The career mode can get stale for sure as the last few GTs werent its strong points, I still enjoyed that aspect. Along with the weekly time trials, cruising, customization, I actually enjoyed the trading of GT5.

Well, looking forward to the release and appreciate the responses.

Back