What is this colour?

  • Thread starter Thread starter slash308
  • 22 comments
  • 1,465 views

slash308

(Banned)
Messages
93
Messages
Slashzor308
r35colour.jpg


A mate showed me this picture of an R35 with a certain colour which we don't know what it is. It looks quite nice, was wondering if anyone knew what it was? I have 1200 paints and quite honestly couldn't be bothered to sift through them to find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 
I think that's the titanium gray you can buy it in. Not as shiny though :P
 
I did some color-swatching on it, it ranges from "Brownish Grey" (Mid tones) to "Light Brownish Grey" (Highlights) which also takes from reds, specifically pale red-orange & pale red & pale orange amber.

A material that comes to mind is copper tungsten alloy
rods.jpg


But the actual paint would have a different name, I'll check my paints soon..
 
Yeah it seems similar to that. Cheers i'll do some searching with the Hue soon.
 
the closet I found so far is Sepang Bronze (BMW)

add me to psn if you want it
 
Corpsey
the closet I found so far is Sepang Bronze (BMW)

add me to psn if you want it

That's to dark IMO.
 
Awesome mate cheers. I'll add you now.
 
That's to dark IMO.

indeed it's darker, I don't have premium chips though so slash you might want to go through the premiums and see if there's a chip among those.. (I don't have premiums because I'm collecting all standards with low km first)
 
indeed it's darker, I don't have premium chips though so slash you might want to go through the premiums and see if there's a chip among those.. (I don't have premiums because I'm collecting all standards with low km first)

Yeah im surfing through them now trying to find a similar one. Cheers for the help fellas appreciate it.
 
Try the Jaguar E-Type Opalescent Bronze... something colour. Should pop up if you sort by manufacturer and have bought an E-Type at any point.

Also, that's not an in-game shot so you may not find an in-game match.
 
Last edited:
Texas Gold looks similar, although I haven't seen it on a car.
 
I painted my GT-R that colour recently it was called something metallic gold. Sorry I can't remember the full name.
 
Last edited:
From the reflection, I'd guess it was silver chrome with some color filtering applied when taking the picture.
 
Try the Jaguar E-Type Opalescent Bronze... something colour. Should pop up if you sort by manufacturer and have bought an E-Type at any point.

Also, that's not an in-game shot so you may not find an in-game match.

Opalescent Bronze Metallic it was, had a couple, however it's not silver enough, yet it's the closest i've come across so far. Thanks for the help, but i think you may be right, the colour is possibly not in the game.
 
Check there are no TVR colours similar to that as they tend to be colourshift.
 
Check there are no TVR colours similar to that as they tend to be colourshift.

Nah not in TVR just checked. It's not neccessarily colour shift though, just a very reflectable metallic.
 
I thought that picture was too good to be from GT5, until I noticed that it's actually real, hahaha.
 
Um, guys? Did it occur to you that it may be a stock color? Go to the 2007 GT-R and look. It's right there.

"Titanium Gray (TM)"

It's not as shiny, but that's the color.
 
Raven_WET01
Um, guys? Did it occur to you that it may be a stock color? Go to the 2007 GT-R and look. It's right there.

"Titanium Gray (TM)"

It's not as shiny, but that's the color.

Read the second post brah.
 
Did some research around, turns out it is the Titanium gray, it's just nowhere near as shiney in game. Cheers guys.
 
Back