What is unlockable?

What is unlockable in this game? All I know is I got a Lotus car for winning the USA race. Ive played this game abit, not much I do get bored after awhile but at times I do get back into it but then lose interest so it is hard for me to unlock everything. Is their more cars, tracks etc. to unlock? If so what? and how do I get them? Oh yeah if someone has a Pal gamesave that would be even better because I prefer playing quick race randomly Im not that into this game to play for months to unlock several stuff. Thanks in advance I cant seem to find any info about this game anywhere.

Yeah I saw that topic, it says to do the time trials in dry to unlock cars. Well I did Melb and got gold and I got nothing. That topic doesnt say which stage you have to get gold, and what you get. I am not good at this game, it took me ages to get gold at Melb. I would like to know what cars you get and tracks for doing what. Is there a list of what you get for accomplishing what?

Need to get time trial golds on every track for unlock of Jerez I think it is. Need to win a race, win a championship, win constructors championship to unlock all the rest. That is pretty easy though. Just run 3 laps of easy level championship with a top car and you'll get all unlock-cars after a season. The unlock cars are going to be museum cars though I hope you understand. Not like most games where you get better, faster cars.

Oh really, damn thats the worst lol. I thought they were like 07 versions of the Mclaren or Ferrari lol. I tried searching for unlockables and at gamespot someone posted a pic of the Mclaren 07 version and I was like damn that car is sexy, there must be other cars to get. But if its standard old school cars that dont move its not worth it then I guess. I got 1 car unlocked and it doesnt move so I never pick it.

But if its standard old school cars that dont move its not worth it then I guess. I got 1 car unlocked and it doesnt move so I never pick it.

Wait, so you would prefer multiple versions of what would essentially be the 06 cars? They would basically handle the same! How utterly boring!

I prefer driving the classics (specifically the FW18 :sly: ) and its a shame they can't be raced offline or online as they are more challenging and more rewarding to drive.
Don't move? I have no idea what you mean by that......

Well cars getter better each year and faster. I thought when I saw that screenshot of the 07 model I thought why not, itll be a faster car, sleeker looking car. I actually thought it was a neat reward to play the game and beat it and unlock next years cars. Say for example the F1 2010 game that is to be released, what if Ferrari Mclaren etc were already working on the 2011 cars and the reward was you get them, kinda like "conecpt" cars I guess. Everyone would love to drive them.

Well cars getter better each year and faster. I thought when I saw that screenshot of the 07 model I thought why not, itll be a faster car, sleeker looking car. I actually thought it was a neat reward to play the game and beat it and unlock next years cars. Say for example the F1 2010 game that is to be released, what if Ferrari Mclaren etc were already working on the 2011 cars and the reward was you get them, kinda like "conecpt" cars I guess. Everyone would love to drive them.

They don't really get much faster - it wouldn't be a huge performance difference.

The point with the older cars is that they handle a lot differently and are harder to drive fast - which makes them more challenging and more interesting.
Also, some of those historic cars are not that far off the 06 cars...the FW18 can be driven close to their times.

I don't see the point in having 05, 06, 07 etc cars because they are the same car, just updated a little bit. The only major difference from 1998 to 2008 was the V10 engines. Other than that, the cars changed very little with a few winglets and changes in the looks but performance wise they are the same.
Its the same as having multiple versions of Nissan Skyline, except in this case they are the same colour almost year in year out.

I personally think the Lotus 72 is one of the most fun cars in the game, and Jerez is worth the struggle. Getting gold on all the time trials isn't that hard and trying so will improve you as a driver. For Bahrain and Malaysia you may have to switch to soft tires but overall you'll find getting gold will be easier as you go down the calendar.

The RS01 is a blast at monza.

Has anyone golded all tracks in wet? Just wondering if that unlocks the overall cabinet. Am working through them at the moment to see what if anything unlocks.

Back