What is up with PP after this last update?

United States
United States
I know it normally fluctuates a bit as they tweak the physics, but this one is so crazy idk how there isn't a page 1 thread on this. The notes says it uses stock suspension and diff settings now to calculate PP, and nothing about physics changes......so is everything physics-wise the same and all my cars are going to perform the same?

Now there's no way to tune suspension or diff by seeing the metrics change in the setup screen, what bonus did we get from this it just seems like they broke a useful feature we had before. I guess this may have fixed the multiplayer reverse rake tunes that occasionally show up in Race A but completely screwed everything else over, awesome update /s

I had been slowly gathering and testing 950 PP tunes for GR1 and now everything is like 30-60 PP lower except the Super Formula.....

Last edited:
As PD can't sort out a way to get ride of glitched setups, they just take away the setup from the equation.
As some time ago they took away gear ratios because people found out putting first three gears extremely short and the other extremely long on the Tomahawk would make it half the PP it should, now they took out suspension and diff setting from PP calculations too, as there where some exploits there too.
In a road car, upgrading from stock suspension or diff while have impact in the PP, but not customizing the setup.

Simple as that, PD can't seem to get the lines of code they need to, to avoid those glitched setups (for me, not a programmer, it would be solved by putting a limit to how much a bad setting could reduce on the PP), they just put it out of the calculation parameters.

So if you used the alligator trick or some sort of that to lower PP to get on 600, 700 or 800 limit, you will have a higher PP now. If you did otherwise, got a real good setup, now it will be lower, as you don't get the added PP for having a better than stock setup.

This latest update is putting me off the game, as continual adjustment of PP to cover up their own mistakes is just annoying for those who want an occassional single player race, It seems that everytime i feel like a race I find I have to do a couple of hours downloading an update which has then changed all ratings of the cars in my garage. I will never buy another game that I cant play offline as i want when I want. As previously said the game used to be a sandbox that let you do as you please, that was the beauty of it. (and ive played every version since GT1) . We all got sucked by this continual need to be online, that is the real problem. You should only have to update when it suits you if you are not wanting to race online

This latest update is putting me off the game, as continual adjustment of PP to cover up their own mistakes is just annoying for those who want an occassional single player race, It seems that everytime i feel like a race I find I have to do a couple of hours downloading an update which has then changed all ratings of the cars in my garage. I will never buy another game that I cant play offline as i want when I want. As previously said the game used to be a sandbox that let you do as you please, that was the beauty of it. (and ive played every version since GT1) . We all got sucked by this continual need to be online, that is the real problem. You should only have to update when it suits you if you are not wanting to race online
Firstly, why are you having to download an update every time? Updates are released once a month!
Secondly, the updates aren’t that big that it takes hours to download them!!

Firstly, why are you having to download an update every time? Updates are released once a month!
They say they play occasionally. And the experience is grating when you don't have the choice to opt out of updates to just jump in and go. And then when you do, the goalposts have shifted and you don't know how you're expected to jump through PD's hoops.

Last edited:
Yeah there's some really funky stuff going on with PP ratings now. I was tuning my 13B-swapped Rotaccino last night and fitted a fully customizable gearbox which brough the PP rating down by nearly 70PP and and tuning made zero difference - so I could slap on RS tyres where I could only use SS before, and it was still about 40PP lower than before fitting the gearbox... 🤷‍♂️

I have other things to do with my life, I have other games that do not require a constant internet connection. I might only play GT once a month and how long it takes to download updates depends on the speed of your connection. The point I am making is that PD have control over this game that is constantly changing to their whim with no consideration for their players.

Back