What is wrong with the car gift feature?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hardrocky
  • 9 comments
  • 995 views
Messages
51
Messages
Hardrocky
Last week I sent a RM Corvette and a 1944 VW truck thing to another account, they both vanished. I sent paint chips to the same accounts, they went fine. Two crappy cars also transferred fine. Tonight I sent a HKS HIPERMAX car to another account, it vanished. I sent a paint chip to the same account, it arrived fine.
Last week I sent Sony an email about this, their answer...check the forums! That is just LAZY. Anybody figured out if there is any ryme or reason for this happening? Getting a little pissed. Sony even refused to gift me a car, like it cost them REAL money.
 
You can only gift once every 20 hours afaik.

This could be part of the problem.
 
I'm forget what day it was but when the servers went down alot of people lost cars and paint on trades. I doubt Sony has any cars to gift. You could try polyphony but i'm not sure if it would help.
 
I just sent a fully tuned Lambo but when they got it none of the parts where there. Is this normal?
 
Back up your save before sending and all will be well.
 
I just sent a fully tuned Lambo but when they got it none of the parts where there. Is this normal?

Could be the start of the crack down on cloning. The game went to total crap with the open save date update. Now car values are meaningless.
 
That was an expensive lesson

With the open ended save data update. Money is now pointless as well. Now, make all you want. Not here to teach. But if cars can be sold over there in the market. Think about it....
 
I know about the duping and I purposefully did not do that but damn, now I wish I had. I am thankful for save backup though.
 
The first two cars were sent before the 1.05 patch, so no save. The other car was sent yesterday.
"Answers" like, "the servers were down, blablabla" and "you can only gift one car every 20 hrs" are not helpful. In the first place, the servers were not down at the time. Gt5 tells you 3 times when it loads if the server is down. In the second place, the game will only let you send 1 car every 24 hrs, although the first time when I lost two cars I sent one at about 11:30pm then the second at 12:15am and never got any messages.
Now that there is a way to do a backup I guess it doesn't matter. It's still annoying though.
 
Back