What is your favorite racing games other than the GT series??

  • Thread starter Thread starter raylmg
  • 52 comments
  • 1,596 views
Originally posted by sharmad
The only other racing game I like is WRC. Of the other genres, Tenchu (Both 1 & 2)

I'm pretty sure that Tenchu is a ninja stealth game, not a racing game.
 
if you like motorcycles, you MUST check out SuperBike 2001 from EA. it's the most realistic bike game to date. plus it sports nice graphics, and is on the verge of becoming a moded game. right now they are able to change skins and such. and i believe tracks are also in the works. but SBK2k1 has some of the BEST tracks in any racing game. period. it's a must have for any bike fanatic. And with all computer aids off, it can be very difficult. just the way i like it :D
 
Anyone ever play the old road rage games for sega (i think thats what they were called i could be wrong) but they were the ones with different types of motorcycles and u got like bats and stuff to try to beat people up with, that was a fun game, o ya its not a racing game but my favorite game is goldeneye.
 
I remember that game really well.
You would get money for winning and you could get super fast crotch rockets. It was one of my favorites
It was more of a multiplayer game though.
 
I loved that game, but then it got fried during a lightning storm and i was like 10 so i couldn't buy a new sega or the game, it sucked ass
 
some of you are pretty close minded. believe it or not GT3 isnt as untouchable as the advertising and reputation suggests. I like it, but come on. ever hear of AI? its ****. No damage. also what about the "supreme physics", its impossible to spin a car unless you over gas it through a hairpin. Ive never heard of that kind of stability in a race car.

To get some really great racing games you must turn to PC. Otherwise gt3 definately crushes anything on consoles. PC allows best graphics and updates, mods, hacks.

Grand Prix Legends
Grand Prix 4
F1 2002
F1 racing championship
Colin Mcrae 2 (omg i cant wait till 3, go check it out)
Pro Race Driver/ TOCA games
NASCAR Racing 2002 (I absolutely hate nascar, but the game is good. Great graphics, physics and AI. good game for passing fun)
NFS 5 Porsche is alright (physics are an attempt to be more realistic. Theyre weird but kindof good. fun.)
EDIT: Oh yea, how could I forget F355 challenge. Arcade is the best.

You'll find many good "series specific" games. not just driving around tracks with street cars. If you like F1 or rally, these other games have got it. GT rally or F1 cant compare. Codemaster's colin mcrae series is incredible. The graphics, sound, damage, and physics are all great. CMR3 is coming!!
 
Road Rash 3d was the last motorcycle game I played and that was the shiznik back in the day, I wish that it would come out for PS2.
 
Did anyone else play RC Pro AM for the original Nintendo, it was one of the funnest racers ever.
 
I had super RC Pro Am for like my game boy it was alright
 
I have just about every Nascar game made for the PS1. Obviously, the Nascar series.:cool:
 
Ridge Racer Type 4 is my current favorite non-GT game... It RULES!!!
 
The new test drive (not out yet) seems like its going to be good....
 
I used to play Grand Prix 3 a lot. I also like the Ridge Racer series, sometimes more, sometimes less.
 
I like the old-school Super Nintendo Game Top Gear. Work your way through 20 cars...nitro hear and there. Pitting was great in that game, you could CHOOSE to leave pit road before you were done refueling...so if you just need a few extra gallons to finish up, you can leave without losing too much time. The physics were so bad...but fun. You could go around a 90 degree turn without turning the wheel one bit, just start on the inside and you will slide to the outside. The AI consisted of cars going back and forth along the track, from left to right and back as they went forward, and always seeming to get in your way. Then at the end you have to contend with lap cars that are a good 70-80mph slower than you. The drivers curse each other out when they hit. But the one thing I love more than anything else about this game is the soundtrack...the best racing soundtrack ever!
 
Mine favorites aside from gt series are
Ps2: tokyo extreme racer 0, test drive, stuntman(rules), Midnight club(too easy though),GTA 3: not real racing but ya know it rules
PC: insane 4x4. and viper racing
N64: excitebike, perfect dark
Those are all the best games that i can think of right now
 
I love making cars look a screwed thats why i like stuntman and insane 4x4 for car mangeling games
 
Back