What is your preferred starting car for GT4?

• Thread starter Rhapsody
  • 7 comments
Ireland
Ireland
Just a question for anyone who starts a new game quite often, what car do you prefer to start with? Since 10,000 credits isn't really much, I always purchase a Nissan Silvia K's S13 1991. The car always has a beautiful and vibrant red coat, and absolutely dominates the competition even well into the game if used as your main, though I feel it's wise to avoid the off road races.

I usually start with the Amuse S2000 R1. I complete the Driving Missions hall first which gives more than enough credits to purchase it.

If starting with the 100k credits from GT3:
  • Viper SRT10: really versatile car if you just want to crush events like Spider & Roadster, NA and Stars & Stripes event early on, beats Supercar Festival easily too with some handling upgrades and a rear wing with 30 / 30 downforce, power upgrades are just overkill
  • Corvette Z06: slightly less versatile than the Viper but much cheaper, can enter its manufacturer race to win the Corvette race car that destroys World Classics if you put sports tyres on it
  • Impreza Spec C: fantastic tuning platform, probably the best 4WD in the game in terms of traction, can beat Turbo, Boxer Spirit and Japanese Championship with minimal upgrades, dirt/snow all-star

If starting with just the base 10k credits:
  • Lancer Evo I: generally the best car you can afford at the start, but gets outclassed by other 4WD's like the Impreza's and later-gen Evo's, fast track to the easy special condition races
  • Cappuccino '91: my pick for the best starter car, can win Lightweight K and Suzuki K-Car Cup without upgrades to earn 21k credits in six races along with two useful prize cars (Ginetta G4 and Suzuki Concept-S2)
  • Civic Type R '97: has much better traction than the cheaper Civic's and doesn't need many upgrades to win the Civic manufacturer race for 25k credits, but it's very expensive and you'll need to do an easy race first to afford an oil change
  • Kusabi: obtained from all silvers in B licence, a bit of a time investment if you're new to the game, but can win FF and Japanese Compact Car Cup without upgrades

If doing the B licence straight away and selling the Lupo:
  • Camaro Z28 (PAL only): the timing for this is quite strict since it appears for 12,055 credits on week 3, you can't waste a day once you start GT Mode, you have to skip the coffee break if you're going for all golds since the extra prize car adds a day, but it's amazing value-for-money, can beat NA with just a few power and weight upgrades
  • Miata / MX-5 1800 RS '00: appears for 11,640 credits on weeks 3, 4, 6 and 8 on NTSC and weeks 4 and 5 on PAL, has more power and better handling than the older Miata's, can beat Spider & Roadster and NR-A Roadster Cup with minimal upgrades

I usually start with the Amuse S2000 R1. I complete the Driving Missions hall first which gives more than enough credits to purchase it.
I feel that the Lupo makes for a pretty good car, at least for messing around in the driving park. Though nothing comes close to the pride of getting gold on all licence tests and getting that Model T on the super tests.

Starting the game without assistance of GT3 Credits or going for Licenses straight away to start with the Zonda LM Race Car or Toyota 7, I often pick the Mitsubishi FTO.

Got quite nostalgic over the car, especially with all the grinding I did in the Sunday Cup and FF Challenge withbut and when I unlocked the FTO Super Touring Car without knowing it was going to be a thing, I really got to adore it. Used that thing in any Championship it could possibly win at

My favourite car has always been the Opel Speedster but the Mitsubishi FTO has a spot in my heart for it

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back