What Is Your Strongest/Weakest Racing Class?

United States
United States
I've been doing online racing since GTS first came out and the only racing class that I haven't excelled in is Gr.3. I've managed a nice chunk of wins in Gr.4, Gr.2, and Gr.1. My biggest struggle with the Gr.3 class is the slippage. I just can't find a track where I can do a fully optimal run with a Gr.3 class car. I've won a few times with Gr.3, but not in the big chunks like I did with the other classes. My favorite class to race is probably Gr.2.

Strongest N200-500 - i really like the weight handling, etc.
Weakest Gr.2 - far to stressful, although i am quite comfortable with Gr.1

Not tried them all but most people race GRp 3 it seems and i struggle with it a little, it's fun but i find the cars more twitchy through corners than I should (i clearly need to learn tuning although BoP locks it doesnt it?)

Best Group 4, apart from the Mclarens (as i find the MR drive train very twichty during corners for my driving style) i find them all fairly even and fun to drive, the Scirocco in particular i seem to enjoy driving, i'm so consistent with it aswell.

I find the rally cars tough too, as a big dirt rally fan i find it very diffcult to go from the handling model on that to the handling model on these

Gr.3 is definitely my strongest class, as it is the flagship category of the Manufacturer Series, plus the fact that the drivetrains are restricted to RWDs only without any fancy hybrid system that some Gr.1 cars have. It's also helped that most liveries that I liked to run (looking at Itasha liveries, mind you) are for Gr.3 cars, especially if they are Sport Mode compatible and have Center Lock wheels. I do also like Gr.2, but you probably should stay away from the 2008 cars in order to be competitive; they are there as just another racing livery canvas to work on.

I would say that N-class is probably my weakest point, but even then I'm still strong at them, provided that the cars are grippy enough and not understeering too much, especially high-speed tracks like Tokyo South during an N500 FIA race when the 911 GT3 RS 991 shifts its weight too far to the rear, and then we got the X-Bow which is just too light for that kind of power without downforce. Shift times being a factor also didn't help (Group C cars in Gr.1 also suffer from this due to their Racing-spec Manuals being, well, H-pattern Manuals!)

... especially high-speed tracks like Tokyo South during an N500 FIA race when the 911 GT3 RS 991 shifts its weight too far to the rear, and then we got the X-Bow which is just too light for that kind of power without downforce.

That was such an awesome race! i managed to win it with my 911 over 7 X-Bows following 14 seconds behind!

Gr.2 is my favorite with Gr.1 and Gr.3 not far behind, in that order.

My least favorite classes are probably Gr.4 or N500 and below, not because they aren't fun, but because I suck at them and have not been able to perform on an A+ level in those types of cars.

Back