What kinda tires do you guys use? D1 drivers use racing/soft tires...

  • Thread starter Thread starter s0nny80y
  • 4 comments
  • 734 views
Messages
406
... but I guess it would make sense on a high powered cars. Does anyone use soft/racing tires for their high-powered drift machine?

I'm currently using medium racing tires in front and hard racing tires in the back. Actually, I used soft racing tires in front and medium racing tires in the rear but that was too much grip.

BTW, green rims on the pearl black FD RZ looks slick. Red is even nicer.
 
D1 drivers use high grip road tyres, as stated in the D1 Rules.
 
MdnIte
D1 drivers use high grip road tyres, as stated in the D1 Rules.

ooooh, ok. high grip = soft tires but then it says road so race tires shouldnt be used then right?
 
Yea, they get disqualified if they are using race tyres. So it's pretty much anything that is in a D1 machine can be used in a normal street car.

In essence, they are really just hard tuned cars.
 
Back