What league has longer races ?

• Thread starter bevo
  • 15 comments

bevo

Premium
GTP_bevofrancis
bevo francis
I've just finished two of the first series's int the compact league. These 2 and 3 lap races are terrible. What league or series can I go to to get longer races?

And why do they make such short races anyway. What's the point in 2 laps?

This is why online racing is so terrible. You actually do win or lose the race in the first turn in a 2 lap race so when you go online everyone is use to shoving through and forcing their way up front to early or they will never catch the lead car. Either that or you have to turn the difficulty down so you have enough time to catch the top 3.

I just don't understand why anyone ever thought that a 2 lap race was a good idea on what's suppose to be a sim style racing game.

Anyway. Where can I go on the game to find longer races?

You can set up fifty lap races in Free Play and they give you XP and credits just like a career race.

You can set up fifty lap races in Free Play and they give you XP and credits just like a career race.
Does career eventually have longer races or are they all short?

I haven't finished it yet but I suspect they're all 2- and 3-lappers.

I haven't finished it yet but I suspect they're all 2- and 3-lappers.
I hope not. I've seen people on here claiming to be winning on the hardest difficulty. I don't know how that's possible in 2 laps unless your are just ramming your way to the front with cosmetic only damage on. Hopefully it's later in the career with longer races and full damage.

I've been able to hold most of them on pro but have had to remove damage because of how quickly you need to advance. I don't purposely take out cars but I do push inside harder than I would in a longer race and bump a lot more than I normally would.

Hmm... when I had to get 50 gold medals in free play it was easy to beat the unstoppable AI in free play provided I cheated by turning collisions off and limiting the car class to the same as I was driving. The same option isn't available in career afaik so I guess it's going to be a lower level AI or rammin' everything.

Free Play is basically an offline singleplayer lobby with similar settings to multiplayer.

Hmm... when I had to get 50 gold medals in free play it was easy to beat the unstoppable AI in free play provided I cheated by turning collisions off and limiting the car class to the same as I was driving. The same option isn't available in career afaik so I guess it's going to be a lower level AI or rammin' everything.

Free Play is basically an offline singleplayer lobby with similar settings to multiplayer.
That's what I mean about the career mode. It just seems that it sets people up to be terrible drivers. You have to turn collisions off and ram through to win in 2 or 3 laps.

I do to know why a game claiming to be a sim would reward players for driving like idiots.

It's possible, drive clean and push the car to max of its abilities.
I know. It's just incredibly difficult to go from last to first in 2 or 3 laps on a hard difficulty setting with pushing your way through the field. I can't imagine winning a 2 lap race in this on unbeatable with damage turned on. You would have to be super lucky.

Sometimes (well occasionally) they leave gaps you can exploit with a well tuned car. Even Unbeatable AI slows down for corners. Guess it depends upon how far back in the pack they start you off. Some career events like chase only have a few opponents.

I know. It's just incredibly difficult to go from last to first in 2 or 3 laps on a hard difficulty setting with pushing your way through the field. I can't imagine winning a 2 lap race in this on unbeatable with damage turned on. You would have to be super lucky.

Not lucky. I race with damage on, all assists off, and unbeatable and win now around 70-80% of the time. There are some car/track combos (depending on what I am driving with) that I'm unable to win no matter what I try (Sebring @ 600pp in the new GT500, for example is nowheresville, but its right at 600pp so handles like a boat), but I am still getting better so some of that is still on me.

I don't ram my way to the front, as that effects the way my driveatar behaves and I don't really like the idea of a computer generated crash-kiddy of myself driving around. Just keep practicing, and you'll eventually start winning them. I also tune all of my cars so if you aren't doing this, that may also be why you are having issues.

I do agree that career mode should be minimum of 5 laps as 2 and 3 lap shootouts does encourage poor driving, as can be seen from some driveatars - but for the most part I have not had issues with those I race against.

Last edited:
Not lucky. I race with damage on, all assists off, and unbeatable and win now around 70-80% of the time. There are some car/track combos (depending on what I am driving with) that I'm unable to win no matter what I try (Sebring @ 600pp in the new GT500, for example is nowheresville, but its right at 600pp so handles like a boat), but I am still getting better so some of that is still on me.

I don't ram my way to the front, as that effects the way my driveatar behaves and I don't really like the idea of a computer generated crash-kiddy of myself driving around. Just keep practicing, and you'll eventually start winning them. I also tune all of my cars so if you aren't doing this, that may also be why you are having issues.

I do agree that career mode should be minimum of 5 laps as 2 and 3 lap shootouts does encourage poor driving, as can be seen from some driveatars - but for the most part I have not had issues with those I race against.
I've done no tuning at all just upgrades to get to the class max. I think that's part of my problem. I downloaded one for the RBZ and it helped a bunch. I will have to start messing around with tunes. I've never been big on tuning though so hopefully I can find some decent ones online.

I've done no tuning at all just upgrades to get to the class max. I think that's part of my problem. I downloaded one for the RBZ and it helped a bunch. I will have to start messing around with tunes. I've never been big on tuning though so hopefully I can find some decent ones online.

Yeah at the very least get the race differential, and I've found than handling trumps power almost every single time, but there is still a balance with grip and power. But for 600pp and up, I always max brakes, suspension, and anti-roll bars - and tune accordingly. It's not bad once you start getting a feel for what does what - but it can be odd as some cars need to be stiffer, and some softer - and it also is complete driver preference too so what works for some won't work at all for others.

I've brought this up on occasion, especially on the official ForzaMotorsport.net boards, and I would really like for people to help keep a spotlight on this by periodically bringing it up. In years past when we had longer races, some folks were unhappy because they wanted shorter races, and now that we have short races we have folks that want longer races. My solution has been, and still remains, to simply have an option for race length, with payouts scaling based on whether we went with longer or shorter races. Maybe they might range from a minimum of five miles, to which it would use however many laps gets closest to that figure, and up to maybe 200 miles, which would be about sixty-seven laps of a three-mile circuit. If you win 5,000 CR for two laps (before bonuses) then maybe you might get 50,000 CR for a twenty-lap race. Everybody gets exactly what they want.

I've brought this up on occasion, especially on the official ForzaMotorsport.net boards, and I would really like for people to help keep a spotlight on this by periodically bringing it up. In years past when we had longer races, some folks were unhappy because they wanted shorter races, and now that we have short races we have folks that want longer races. My solution has been, and still remains, to simply have an option for race length, with payouts scaling based on whether we went with longer or shorter races. Maybe they might range from a minimum of five miles, to which it would use however many laps gets closest to that figure, and up to maybe 200 miles, which would be about sixty-seven laps of a three-mile circuit. If you win 5,000 CR for two laps (before bonuses) then maybe you might get 50,000 CR for a twenty-lap race. Everybody gets exactly what they want.
It's such a simple solution that it amazes me T10 hasn't embraced it. For the career events that I don't really care about, 2-3 laps doesn't bother me. But when it comes to the races I really enjoy and where the competition is truly challenging, this would make the game so much more enjoyable.

Last edited:

Selectable seems to be the way to go - I ran last night a 20 lap on Spa with an 800pp 2012 GTR and it was really fun. 800pp on unbeatable apparently will get some full on race cars into the mix and it was a very tough battle between me and another person in an actual BMW race car (m3? m5? It sounded like a v10 but do not know what it was) - would always out-brake me, get ahead after Bruxelles, and I'd be back on him at the bus stop because horse power. I was hoping that his tires would go off before mine did so I kinda let him go and completely lost sight of him around lap 12, and was just trying to keep from sliding/damaging my tires as much as possible. Driveatars do suffer from tire wear I found out, as I started pulling him/her back in around lap 16 and was a fairly easy pass 2 laps from the finish. I also won around 400k, and had fun doing it :)

As much crap as I have seen given driveatars, that was pretty freaking realistic - he never once went off the road or drove like an idiot, he just had no tires left and had to slow down (I didn't really either but awd is better in that situation). I think I beat him by 5-6 seconds - and he must have been clear of me at one point by at least 20 seconds.

Also, the GTR sucks @ 800pp, at least on Spa :)

Back