What "little things" do you want in GT4?

• Thread starter FuryX21
  • 11 comments
I know we all want the big features added in the next GT game, such as improved graphics, more cars, more tracks, and more events. But what are the little things you want in the next game, things that aren't talked about on the back of the case. The little nifty features that make you go "cool" when you discover them. Here's what I would like (from what I can think of right now):

- The ability to press select when looking at your car in the showroom, garage, or car wash screen to stop the car from automatically rotating, then be able to manually inspect the car by having different buttons for zooming in, zooming out, rotating the camera, etc... Also the ability to view multiple cars at the same time while in the car wash or garage.

- A lot of in depth stats separated into 4 categories: game status, car statistics, track statistics, and event statistics. The game status screen could have all the data it has in GT3, plus new data such as total time played, number of cars sold, average starting position, etc..... The car statistics, besides total miles driven, should have number of times that particular car has been raced, average finishing and starting positions with that car, winning percentage, amount of time driven, total laps driven, the events you've used that car in, etc...... The track statistics could have basically the same stuff, number of times raced at, total miles driven at, total laps driven at, total amount of time raced at, track winning percentage, etc...... The event statistics could also be the same but have a few different stats such as telling you each car that you've used in that particular event and what finishing and starting positions you had.

- Simple enough, be able to fast forward, rewind, and have a slow motion option for replays (surprised this has never been in a GT game)

- When you choose to view the cars in your garage in a certain order, have it stay that way and be able to save the game with the cars in that order.

- Track conditions change in endurance races, and also have it where endurance races can be started at random times of day. For instance, an endurance race at Laguna Seca that starts when its dusk could end at nightime.

- Your pit stall is based on your qualifying position, and you can see crew members doing work on your car while in the pits.

For the love of God just let us do burnouts and dounuts and make the tires smoke...................THAT REALLY LEAVES TIRE MARKS is it that much to ask...........I would like to leave some serious tread with my Cobra R..................:)

FuryX21,

I agree with everything 'cept for the "see crew members doing work" bit - From what I gather (and it is not based on any fact)... it would take ridiculous amounts of work to just get a halfway decent looking "person" animated in the game - while I'd like to see something better than the "cutout" people at the side of the track (looks like the guys from DOOM), I'd rather not see them just throw something together for the pits.

The flip side to that is, maybe the PS2 could do it in the pits though, 'cause the view is very limited in the pits so you don't have to waste alot of polygons drawing everything else.

Hmm... Ok, I don't know.

But, your point about the fast-forward/rewind of the replays? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Even the original Need For Speed for the 3DO had this ability - in fact, it went one better and would put together it's own replay based on the "highlights" of the race. How it would be done? easy things like spins and big drifts would be viewed, as well as when car A accelerates past car B while coming within X amount of distance (a close pass, just squeezing by someone on the inside?) would get replayed. Any time your car got air... etc. etc.

It drives me nuts to do somethin' great on lap #8 and have to sit and watch the entire thing. I can usually stomach 'bout 2 laps of a replay. After that, I don't want to watch it, I want to play it!

Your comments mirror a lot of what I would like to see in a GT3 sequel. Also someone in another thread has mentioned incorporating proper race condition and offence flags which is an excellent idea.

One thing I'd really put on a wish list is the ability to alter tyre pressures and a 3 point tyre temperature gauge so you can set up camber and toe in about three laps rather than three hours! Incorporating tyre wear into the Arcade section free runs would be nice too - that way you can preplan your tyre compound strategy for a given race length.

Being able to change your oil during a championship would be nice too - as you can completely reconfigure your car between races it's odd you can't do that.

And they should put back the feature from GT2 where you could view all your lap times for an entire race. Perhaps they could make them saveable too.

Oh and some proper playtesting'd be a good idea next time Sony! How on earth did the pitlane bug get through?

I'd like to have ability to control the boost pressure in "settings" on turbo/supercharged cars and have possibility to make some more advanced settings like open/close times for valves etc. and actually i would like to see parts wearing out , engines blowing up when you put too much boost or set it up wrong , not that i can run unlimited milage with only changing oil... And in the tuning shop make an option like a list when you just choose the upgrades and press a button once after that so you can f.e purchase 20 parts at one time just selecting them from the list and pressing "buy it" button... And then i would like to see it more realistic not that you buy something big like a new gearbox , or NA stage 3 tune up or stage 4 turbo and you can use it at once , you should have to give your car to a shop for some ammoutn of time etc. Also i agree about the burnout/donut thing , let it leave more smoke and leave skids on asphalt... Btw improve sounds of the engines , the turbos sound right , but the american V8s etc nice sounding engines (in real life) sound pathetic in the game , and even worse after the upgrades they run like washing machines not engines...

I want dirt. You know, so long races, tire rubber, brake dust, etc. Will build up. Kind of like on World Sports Cars, that game that was coming out soon, last year. Anyone know if its still coming? :mad:

Cars that actually consume fuel, and refueling stops.

A sort of "all-customize button", so that after you get loads of cash and can customize any car to the fullest whenever you want, you can do it with one button.

The ability to change settings/parts during pitstops.

Varying weather conditions and daylight.

Varying track temperatures... racing on a cold track sucks, but it would add realism!! Add to that some tracks with varying surfaces, such as tarmac/concrete.

Minor tweaks and updates to the physics... anybody else done the "washing-machine F1 car" on accident? Looks like you're in the damn carwash, and loses you a lot of time....

A full carbon or ceramic brake upgrade, with four or six piston calipers. Enough of this "sports" crap.

More computer cars on track during races, with higher levels of skill and tuning.

Minor *****es, though, about a nearly perfect game.

Want minor things?
How bout bug spats on the wingshield and the nose of the car while doing endurace or long lapping free runs (10 or more laps).

i wish theyd give you time in between each race in series races, to go out, upgrade your car and buy new parts, and then go back in and race in the series again. also, they should go back to the gt2 system of winning a car for every race you do instead of winning a whole series before you get a car.

Back