- 235

- Tennessee
- AGNT009
Ive focused all my attention on the karting. And I STILL havnt taken my karts to all the tracks yet. But, Im forming an opinion of what I do and dont like in a good kart track. What I loathe is too many bumps. Sometimes, too much is too much, like Nordwand. And if I had a dollar for every time Nessie jumped out and bit me on her corner of the track, Id be rich.
Mind you, Im actually a great karter. I make a living at Cote de Azur. Which has a few treacherous bumps, but not too much. But the tracks where the bumps you cant see on a straight or whatever just jump out and bite you get on my last nerve. Obviously, the key is learning where these invisible landmines are, but come on.
Take the Nessie Turn. One second Im on track, the next Im kicked onto the left grass, slowing down, trying not to spin out in the grass, but keep going forward, and I STILL get a Cut Lap penalty! ARGH. You have to practically come to a stop there, and I dont think there is a line in that corner thats easier, its like driving over a mindfield in that corner, every square inch of it.
Then theres the landmine that bites me just to the right as I come out of the tunnel on Nordwand. When the explosion goes off, the next second Im face planting into the wall. Ruined so many comebacks that mine has. You just have to stay left, and lift for a split second there, full throttle over that area is like playing Russian roulette.
So, what in your mind makes a great kart track?
Indy Speedway is a joke for karts. 99% of guys online cant bump draft, and wind up turning me every time. And if you lose the lead pack. Forget it, race over.
Bump drafting with karts is fun, if you are good at it. If you cant do it right, dont do it. As the pushee you have to hold the wheel tight, or get turned. As the pusher, you have to hit them square in the center. Trying to bump and turn at once is a no no
Mind you, Im actually a great karter. I make a living at Cote de Azur. Which has a few treacherous bumps, but not too much. But the tracks where the bumps you cant see on a straight or whatever just jump out and bite you get on my last nerve. Obviously, the key is learning where these invisible landmines are, but come on.
Take the Nessie Turn. One second Im on track, the next Im kicked onto the left grass, slowing down, trying not to spin out in the grass, but keep going forward, and I STILL get a Cut Lap penalty! ARGH. You have to practically come to a stop there, and I dont think there is a line in that corner thats easier, its like driving over a mindfield in that corner, every square inch of it.
Then theres the landmine that bites me just to the right as I come out of the tunnel on Nordwand. When the explosion goes off, the next second Im face planting into the wall. Ruined so many comebacks that mine has. You just have to stay left, and lift for a split second there, full throttle over that area is like playing Russian roulette.
So, what in your mind makes a great kart track?
Indy Speedway is a joke for karts. 99% of guys online cant bump draft, and wind up turning me every time. And if you lose the lead pack. Forget it, race over.
Bump drafting with karts is fun, if you are good at it. If you cant do it right, dont do it. As the pushee you have to hold the wheel tight, or get turned. As the pusher, you have to hit them square in the center. Trying to bump and turn at once is a no no