What Music Makes You Think of Your Nation?Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Danoff
  • 9 comments
  • 1,266 views

Danoff

Premium
Messages
34,431
United States
Mile High City
...and no fair using anything that's specifically ABOUT your country - like a national anthem or "America F-Yea" from the Team America soundtrack, or any overtly patriotic songs.

I'm talking about music that causes you to think about your country and evokes some sense of the underlying character you associate with it.

This always makes me think of America.

 


Reminds me of my nation, my county and myself. Ooo-aar! :lol:
 
The song that makes me think of MY country is the national anthem to MY country.



Sadly the UN haven't recognised us as a sovereign nation yet, but they will. They will... :trouble:
 


.......
 
Last edited:
:sly:



This one might be cheating a tad because it "takes place" in St. John's, NFLD


The lyrics combined with Rush being a Canadian band remind me of the area I live in. I live just outside of the Golden Horseshoe, and about 50 minutes from my house, you get into Hamilton. and from then it is just freeway, cities, subdivisions, and industrial parks until Kingston, about 300km away from Hamilton.
 
Born in the USA by Springsteen or Small Town by John Mellencamp
 
...and no fair using anything that's specifically ABOUT your country, or any overtly patriotic songs.
Would I get away with this?




Or anything by Big Country

 
Last edited:
Back