What music tastes have you aquired from GTP?Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Silverzone
  • 12 comments
  • 1,747 views
Messages
4,312
It's an odd question, but what music have you aquired a taste for from reccomendations of GTP members?

I can honestly say I wouldn't listen to Scar Symmetry, Dredg, or Muse if it wasn't for GTPer's rabbling on and on about those bands :p.

So share it!
 
I tried listening to Techno and Trance and it's not that bad. Hardstyle and jumpstyle tracks are my favorite due to there quick beat and easy to Dance along. 👍
 
I've acquired a taste for Blue Onion.
 
NONE! I don't like listening to the music sound tracks while playing GT5P I have it all turned off even in replay and menu screen modes.
 
Metal. I used to like generic radio rock, but came to GTP for suggestions of something harder. Many thanks go out to Diego/Tom Servo especially for recommending some damn good bands that have become my favorites over time.

Scar Symmetry FTW!
 
I haven't acquired any from either GTPlanet or Gran Turismo really. GTA, on the other hand...
 
can't say i have been influenced by this board.
 
Dont know about anybody else but I thought the soundtrack from GT3:A-spec was fantastic, and the best of all the GT games. Those of you who played it regurarly will know who I mean. Haven't played for ages but there's one song called 'Asher' I think. Loved it but can't remember who the artist was. Other stuff by the likes of Feeder and Daikai Asho. Forgive me if Ive got them wrong but it's so long since Iv played any of my PS2 GT games.
 
Nothing from GT5P. I don't listen to music while driving. However back in the GT1, 2, and 3 days, I did listen to music and consequently started listening to Feeder alot.
 
I've got into The Faint after RACECAR posted one of their YouTube videos in one of the MX-5 Cup threads that ran a couple of years ago...
This post in fact. 👍

I've also today, been out and bought a couple of Red Sparowes CDs based on a recommendation from Diego (Tom Servo) after I'd commented on the Godspeed You! Black Emperor album cover that he's currently using as an avatar, via profile message, and he gave me a list of similar stuff. I'm listening to them as I type, and for a first pass through, I'm impressed! 👍
 
Probably Muse, okay, not that obscure, but I only started listening to music properly at about the time I joined here. Dream Theater are probably next following some in-depth (LSD-driven?) post by our own Hugo Chavez. ;)
 
Back