What? No sig banners!?

United Kingdom
NG9
Shin_Roh
Hi guys. I just joined the site because i'm starting to get pretty excited for next years GT release! I've started looking at sim wheels and i thought i'd look for some forums with like minded people too.

Anyway i made a nice shiny sig for this site only to find i cant use it đź‘Ž

So let me share it with you all here anyway. Happy gaming :)

newsig-1.jpg

Last edited:
Yes thats right - have a look at all the other forums. You can hardly distinguish what is being said and what is in a sig. Here, words are more powerful that a sig with banners - plus its more internet friendly.

Why do you see the need for banners in sigs?

And cheers - welcome to GTP đź‘Ť

Welcome aboard Captain Roh ;)

I hope you enjoy your stay at GTP. :cheers:

Don't worry, you'll soon get accustomed to not having image sigs. For starts, your back pocket will thank you when you don't exceed your bandwidth usage allowance. Also makes the forum look a little neater and reduces load time.

thanks for the welcomes people :)

I guess i was just a little suprised to see no banners on a 21st century forum! :lol: Like they say a picture says more than a 1000 words, and i think at a glace they allow you to get an insight about what that person may be like. They allow people to show their creativity, and if you wanted to get all freudian about it, allow the viewer to judge if they have a tidy mind maybe... bla bla... I dont know, i just like pretty stuff! :lol:

Besides, you can always have text as well as pictures! I think illustrations help to capture attention and maybe lead into reading your tags.

But no matter... I will get used to it, not a problem! I am for the most part here to race anyway, I'll be too busy beating you to keep making new pictures! :crazy: hahahahahahha

Jokes. Thanks again for the welcomes. Liking the site already! :)

edit: oh yeah :lol: a bit of critique on my picture wouldnt go a miss! :sly: cheers fellas

Glad you're enjoying yourself here, that's always a good start.

I guess i was just a little suprised to see no banners on a 21st century forum! :lol: Like they say a picture says more than a 1000 words, and i think at a glace they allow you to get an insight about what that person may be like. They allow people to show their creativity, and if you wanted to get all freudian about it, allow the viewer to judge if they have a tidy mind maybe... bla bla... I dont know, i just like pretty stuff! :lol:

That's what we have avatars for ;)

You could always start your own thread for your work, post them there and pop a link in your sig.

As for the image itself, I'm no expert, but I had to hunt for the 5 - it sort of faded into the fence on the right. Otherwise, looks good to me đź‘Ť

Yep, I think many of us here definitely prefer a world without banners in our sigs, I must admit it drives me crazy when I'm browsing a forum where everyone has massive images in their sig or even just reams and reams of text. As Roo said, the avatars are the little insights into our minds and it's for the best that the maximum size of those is kept to 120px!

Anyway, it's what people say that really matters (there are certain threads around here in which a picture really wouldn't do, given how brilliant some of the posts are!) and I hope you enjoy the discussions you find here đź‘Ť

Back