What now?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dagger311
  • 17 comments
  • 987 views
Messages
6,658
United States
Marietta, GA
Messages
Dagger31198
Hello everyone.

I've cleared all the races in gt6, and got all the stars.

But what now? Online play pretty much sucks unless you're active around here, and get in some nice leagues. I'm in one now, but that's just one day a week, and most of the others run too late in est for me to play.

Tuning? I suck at it, but have been practicing.

Collecting is fun, but I'm rich and can grind millions in a couple of hours, it's just tedium now.

I suppose all that's left is wait for the updates to come in...
 
I have completed everything in the game and was getting a bit bored but I joined the WRS and the first time trial we did this last week, I have driven about 800+ miles for it....having an online leaderboard and divisions etc helps to know what I am up against and to try and improve to get promoted and so I want to spend lap after lap getting that elusive thousandth of a second. I would definitely recommend it as there are weekly time trials which are with stock cars so you don't have to be good at tuning (last week's was with the Audi S1 at Apricot Hill, this week it's the FXX at Monza). They also have online races (weekly I think, I don't do them). You have to do a qualifier, wait a week or two for it to be checked and registered and then you can start submitting times (though you can still do the TT and submit split times in the relevant thread to see how you stack up). Have a look:

Qualifier:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_registry-qualifier-gt6-accepting-submissions.294799/

Current Time Trial:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-week-2-fxxza-irresistibile.300781/
 
I have completed everything in the game and was getting a bit bored but I joined the WRS and the first time trial we did this last week, I have driven about 800+ miles for it....having an online leaderboard and divisions etc helps to know what I am up against and to try and improve to get promoted and so I want to spend lap after lap getting that elusive thousandth of a second. I would definitely recommend it as there are weekly time trials which are with stock cars so you don't have to be good at tuning (last week's was with the Audi S1 at Apricot Hill, this week it's the FXX at Monza). They also have online races (weekly I think, I don't do them). You have to do a qualifier, wait a week or two for it to be checked and registered and then you can start submitting times (though you can still do the TT and submit split times in the relevant thread to see how you stack up). Have a look:

Qualifier:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_registry-qualifier-gt6-accepting-submissions.294799/

Current Time Trial:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-week-2-fxxza-irresistibile.300781/
Bah, you need all that proof and stuff. I don't care much for all those qualifiers, plus I could only make a video with my tablet, no flash drive.
 
I suppose all that's left is wait for the updates to come in...


Yep, just waiting for updates too. 👍 Killing time by doing Free Runs via Garage on The Ring 24 Hour in my KTM X-Bow Street, & trying out different time of day/weather settings. Some of them look truly awesome, especially with in car view & all HUD off! :D
 
Bah, you need all that proof and stuff. I don't care much for all those qualifiers, plus I could only make a video with my tablet, no flash drive.

Fair enough. If you don't have a flash drive, then it's not possible unless you can connect your PC to your PS3. FYI you don't actually need to make a video as such, you just export your replay to PS3, transfer to PC and then create a ZIP file and send it to the WRS Bot. If you can get access to a flash drive, I would recommend it, it's fun and the community is friendly, it's a good way to improve and try different car/track combos.

I'm also waiting for the updates, hopefully soon for the new RB etc
 
Fair enough. If you don't have a flash drive, then it's not possible unless you can connect your PC to your PS3. FYI you don't actually need to make a video as such, you just export your replay to PS3, transfer to PC and then create a ZIP file and send it to the WRS Bot. If you can get access to a flash drive, I would recommend it, it's fun and the community is friendly, it's a good way to improve and try different car/track combos.

I'm also waiting for the updates, hopefully soon for the new RB etc
Unfortunately, that's not possible. All I have that I could upload it with is my tablet.

For now I think I'll just make tunes and use others online and try to get better.
 
Unfortunately, that's not possible. All I have that I could upload it with is my tablet.

For now I think I'll just make tunes and use others online and try to get better.

Yeah, just having a tablet makes it a bit tough...you really need a PC to be able to do it (or a kind person to send it to who could zip the file) but then you'd need to be able to t/f from the PS3 to tablet and, from having tried it, that's not possible as the PS3 doesn't recognise my tablet.

Hopefully there will be new content soon....there's a new track coming which will take some time to learn...the red bulls etc.
 
Look for a league to join. I burned out on tuning and drifting on GT5 a few years ago. Then I found this forum, and found SNAIL. Spec races, so no time or skill needed for tuning. Now in GT6 we don't have to break in cars either, so no time wasted doing that either, just buy the car, oil change and race sunday night. And there are a fe weekly series too.
 
Hello everyone.

I've cleared all the races in gt6, and got all the stars.

But what now? Online play pretty much sucks unless you're active around here...


No. You're just not racing with the right people. Online racing definitely does not "suck". That's a pretty general blanket statement that is just wholly inaccurate. Can there be rooms online that suck? Surely there can be, i.e. Veyron races at Circuit X or a Red Bull "rally" at high Speed Ring :lol:. You can tell pretty much by what ppl label their rooms and what they're running to know if they're serious or not and what age bracket they are in. But to paint the entire endeavor as "suckage" is just not right.

Try branching out of your comfort zone.. there are a ton of good racers and pro/adult rooms online that don't put up w/ any shenanigans and have realistic competitive regulations. Don't give up on a wonderful game just because you've completed the single player campaign. :gtplanet:
 
No. You're just not racing with the right people. Online racing definitely does not "suck". That's a pretty general blanket statement that is just wholly inaccurate. Can there be rooms online that suck? Surely there can be, i.e. Veyron races at Circuit X or a Red Bull "rally" at high Speed Ring :lol:. You can tell pretty much by what ppl label their rooms and what they're running to know if they're serious or not and what age bracket they are in. But to paint the entire endeavor as "suckage" is just not right.

Try branching out of your comfort zone.. there are a ton of good racers and pro/adult rooms online that don't put up w/ any shenanigans and have realistic competitive regulations. Don't give up on a wonderful game just because you've completed the single player campaign. :gtplanet:
I understand there are good racers, one joined my tuning room, and we ended up doing burnouts at Laguna Seca. He's a good racer, I'm a not-so-good racer, but our races are fairly close. I've been in great NASCAR rooms (Quaying is a troll, if you see him. He joins clean NASCAR and rams people), awesome street car rooms...

And the there's people who want to race the tank car at gt arena.... Which is most of the lobbies I come across. Unreal cars on tracks that they will do terrible at. Or drag races, which would be fun If I could win.
 
Personally I have a few beers and enjoy doing the 15 minute races around Ascari and the Nurburgring in a whole bunch of different cars. See how low I can go with PP and still win. See how well this cool-looking car goes around corners. Drive one with a lot of power but poor cornering, another with little power but great handling. Or jsut race around whatever track strikes my fancy at the moment.

When I get bored with that I do some of those driving missions or other stuff to work on getting 100%. Or buy all the stealth cars and race them around a bit. Or get a Daihatsu Midget, paint the body and wheels in the most ridiculous colors possible, and buy every available tuning part for it. Then show those Honda Civics who's boss :lol:
 
If you suck at tuning, keep at it. You'll find it makes the game so much fun and gives it a load of life. It's such a good feeling tuning a car thinking it can't possibly be any better, going back to it and tweaking it to be even faster and nicer to drive. Then you can look forward to see how well it does online.
 
If you suck at tuning, keep at it. You'll find it makes the game so much fun and gives it a load of life. It's such a good feeling tuning a car thinking it can't possibly be any better, going back to it and tweaking it to be even faster and nicer to drive. Then you can look forward to see how well it does online.
Or go to a Tuning Garage. There are several established garages that have produced proven quality tunes for years. Once you find someone that tunes to suit your style, you'll find most of their tunes will work for you.

You'll find a list of some of GTP's best garage's here.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-silvia-pack-new-and-old.293676/#post-9079672
 
Or go to a Tuning Garage. There are several established garages that have produced proven quality tunes for years. Once you find someone that tunes to suit your style, you'll find most of their tunes will work for you.

You'll find a list of some of GTP's best garage's here.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-silvia-pack-new-and-old.293676/#post-9079672
I use other tunes all the time, but it's nowhere near as fun as when you tweak that one last thing to make it perfect.
 
I use other tunes all the time, but it's nowhere near as fun as when you tweak that one last thing to make it perfect.
True, but if you can start out with something good, and look at the settings and how they've changed compared to stock, it gives you an idea of how to get where you want to go and saves on a ton of trial and error. Either way will work, it's a question of how much time you have and how much you want to invest in discovering the nuances of tuning....plus not everything works as advertised..:lol:..camber anyone...💡
 
True, but if you can start out with something good, and look at the settings and how they've changed compared to stock, it gives you an idea of how to get where you want to go and saves on a ton of trial and error. Either way will work, it's a question of how much time you have and how much you want to invest in discovering the nuances of tuning....plus not everything works as advertised..:lol:..camber anyone...💡
Tuning is going to be a big aspect for me. With @DolHaus, we made the Art Morrison Corvette'60 much better to drive. It's the fastest 550pp roadcar I've ever seen.
 
The problem with those Pro/Adult rooms, is that you get into 1 accident and you get kicked. Or someone says you caused an accident and they kick you without verification.
 
The problem with those Pro/Adult rooms, is that you get into 1 accident and you get kicked. Or someone says you caused an accident and they kick you without verification.
My first NASCAR race, I was kicked because someone failed to explain why we didn't race on the first lap. I went full throttle and rear ended a guy.
 
Back