What Price Would You Pay in US$?

  • Thread starter Thread starter msako
  • 14 comments
  • 1,004 views

What Price Would You Pay in US$ for GT5?

  • US$59.95 and not a penny more

    Votes: 21 50.0%
  • Up to US$100.00

    Votes: 15 35.7%
  • Up to US$200.00

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Up to US$400.00

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • More than US$400

    Votes: 2 4.8%

  • Total voters
    42
Messages
203
I was talking with co-workers yesterday about my GT addiction. One is also an addict and the others are just amused observers. I told my addict co-worker that at US$59.95 the game is an absolute bargain. I told him I would pay US$400 and still be satisfied.
 
I paid $99 for the CE, but I think I would've gone up to 150 for it. :)
 
I felt my $100 for the CE was barely justified thanks to the APEX book and diecast model. Anything more would've been silly.
 
$60 US is too much for an incomplete game.

That statement upsets me. The amount of conent your getting in GT5 is ludicrous. You need to stop spewing your garbage.+

For me...
$100 - GT5:CE
$300 - Chair
$300 - Wheel
$50 - HShift
$25 - Chair Lever Slider ( slides chair back n forth like a real car )


Lets pretend the ps3/tv don't count, either way the above was the best investment I ever made.
 
I wouldn't pay more than $60 for any game, I don't care how good it is. In fact this is only the second game I've paid full price for in 4 years now. I only buy used games now and usually wait for 1 yr + until they're down to $20-25. When I think what else I could buy with $60 it's hard for me to pay that much for a game.
 
Well in my case.
$300 for a PS3
$60 for the game
$379 for the wheel though it can be used on the xbox and pc as well

as for the game $60 is a bargin for the content. I paid $90 for Forza 3 and then $5 a pop for car packs and $10 for the track pack and still have way more content in GT5.
 
$400 40gb ps3
$70 GT5p + DS3
$100 GT5 CE
$60 DFGT wheel


EBgames sold my CE copy to some noob, even though I had it preordered since last year and paid full price..
So I had to pay another $70 for the regular edition of the game and I'm still waiting for CE. They told me I'll get a full refund on the regular edition but its been over a week and they still don't have any more collector editions in..
 
I wish I would have waiting a few months and picked it up for 40. I will never grind past lvl 21 so really it is a rental at best for me.
 
I paid $40 and I'm still not sure it was worth it.
 
PS3 $300
DFGT Wheel $140
1080p TV $400
Wheel Stand Pro $150
GT5 $60

All the above was spent just for GT5, so i hope i get my moneys worth.

AA
 
I paid for the collectors edition and thats the only game I've paid full price for on my PS3, usually I refuse to pay it when you can get it a month later for a minimum of $20 off.

I have a spare CE I need to return (I was too anxious to wait for shipping) if anyone wants it.
 
I figure $US1.00/hour is a good number to use for a game. If I get more than that number of hours of enjoyment out of the game then I think I've done OK with my purchase. I probably put more than 2000 hours in GT4. I'm not sure about GT5 because my life responsibilities have changed a bit but in the end I would not be surprised if it is over a 1000 hours before I'm done with the game.

I paid $40 and I'm still not sure it was worth it.
 
Back